HELP! just found baby jelly fish in my tank!

Ok so I was looking at what seems to be a tiny cocoa worm on my live rock when I see this tiny clear bulb with a white senter and white dots (probobly timy tenticles) at the end of it trying to swim away from the current of the filter in spurts. I quickly turned off the filter, not wanting it to get sucked up and scooped it out with a glass cup. (it was the closest clean thing) Now it is in the cup and the filter is running again. I don't want it to die, what should I do?

HELP PLEASE!!!

It can't be any bigger than the size of a pin head. It's a mirical I saw it because I'm having a algie problem on the tank walls.

salt210

+1 for the pic.
bigarn that type of anemone swims? or are you thinking that it was just caught in the current?
for the time being just do very frequent water changes until you can figure it out if you want it to survive

bigarn

Originally Posted by salt210
http:///forum/post/2738603
+1 for the pic.
bigarn that type of anemone swims? or are you thinking that it was just caught in the current?
for the time being just do very frequent water changes until you can figure it out if you want it to survive
as far as i know they don't "swim" ... just trying for more info.

Well it the way it swims is it goes in spurts. So it will move about a centimeter or two stop and then go for another centimeter of two then stop ect.

well I have a camera phone but you won't beable to see it. the camera phone is crappy and the thing is so small it won't show up!

I googled hydriod jelly fish I THINK THATS WHAT IT IS!!! Is it reef safe? will it survive in a cup until it's big enough to swim against the current?

bigarn

Originally Posted by twist of lime
http:///forum/post/2738641
I googled hydriod jelly fish I THINK THATS WHAT IT IS!!! Is it reef safe? will it survive in a cup until it's big enough to swim against the current?

they're harmless and tend to dissapear after awhile.

cranberry

With your descritption od it's movement it is definately a hydroid. Nothin' else that small found in our tanks does that. They all don't look the same.... that's the variety I had.
Years ago I had an orange variety... didn't have as good of a camera back then.... sorry.... fuzzy.

paintballer768

Hydroids are fairly common. They just hang out basically. I think they may be able to sting fish, but what are the chances. They filter out and die eventually.