Help!!- Majamo infestation.

goldrush

Having trouble keeping up with it. Kalk paste works but doesn't iradicate it enough. It keeps spreading. Peppermint's aren't doing the job they are supposed to. Any suggestions? Home remedies? Ghostbusters? I'll try anything. Thanks in advance, Art

pbienkiewi

I have an outbreak too and do the past thing too and I also have another chemical to inject into them. I am thinking about getting the Manjano want and see how that works! Do a tube search and check it out

goldrush

Red Sea Aptasia X seems to have done a very good job. The only problem is the ones that are behind the rock that I can't see. What I WAS able to get should cut down the population a lot. Thanks

spanko

Peppermint shrimp do not eat Majano sp. in my research.
Instructions (from another site but have seen it work in a friends tank)
First - Get the aquarium ready by turning off the power heads and pumps. It is much easier to apply the paste in an aquarium with no current. You also reduce the risk of harming anything other than the majanos.
Second - Mix the Calcium Hydroxide (Kalk, or pickling lime which is cheaper) powder with just enough water to make a thick paste like the consistency of toothpaste but just a little thinner.
Third
– Apply the paste over the whole majano using your applicator.
Fourth
– Turn the power-heads and pumps back on after approximately 30 minutes. Watch to make sure that none of the paste lands on any corals and if it does blow it off quickly so they are not harmed.
The other option if they are on only one rock if you can get it out of the tank. Sprinkle some regular table salt on the majano. they will release and fall off.

bang guy

Scrape as many off as you can with a wooden dowel or a chopstick. That will allow you to target feed fewer of them. Add some frozen fish food to the lime paste and feed it to the Anemone. This works a LOT better than just covering them in lime.

J

jstdv8

Ive found that the last part to spankos suggestion is to take a turkey baster and suck out the excess paste and the pest and discard them. They can't spread or revice if they aren't in there. If it doesnt come out of its hole then you havent wounded it enough to weaken into letting go of its surroundings. reapply paste and try again.

srt8

If you only have a few and can reach them. Take the 2 part epoxy putty and cover them nice and snug and let harden.