Help Me Name My Dog!!

mimzy

Ok, we're adopting a bassethound on Monday evening (please G-d), and we need help picking out a name.
He's called "Alvin" at the moment, but he's only had the name for the 2weeks he's been with the rescue organization, so he doesn't answer to it yet. We HATE the name Alvin for him, and we're wracking our brains trying to figure out the perfet name to suit him.

Here's the list we've come up with so far;
Bruce
Franklin
Gideon
Gogan
Hogan
Howie
Odin
Oscar
Otis
Roland
Rufus
Schroeder
Toby
Check out some pix of him for visual aid here: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/elonmom514/Alvin/
Pick from this list or feel free to suggest a new one... just please help!!

mimzy

Originally Posted by dc2mlbsm
BRUTUS!!!!!!!!! thats what im naming my boxer

Brutus is a good name for a dog... but my ex had a dog named brutus, and that just makes it weird. Also, this dog is too mellow for a name like that. He is a seriously chilled-out dog.

mimzy

Originally Posted by cunningham
Barkley is a great name! thats the name of my Jack Russell Terrier

Cute!! Let's see pix!!

sign guy

I LOVE bassets and am gonna get one soon My last basset hound was named josie or josiafene my picanes is named toby and we had a jeman sheperd named gidion
after seeing the pics I vote for Otis after the town drunk from the andy grifeth show

S

supermanvx

haha bassets remind me of the name "toby" and then i saw you listed that, so i decided i will post toby, otherwise i probably would of not posted anything

puff_puff_

Bell, my nieghbore had a basset when i was about 6 that was named bell.. i used to love that dog... i used to make my older brother take me on his paper route just so i could play with him.... just thought i would throw in my 2 cents...

sugarfox03

Name him Elvis! He's a hound dog! I have always loved that name for any hound dog. You can always name him Flash, I think that was the bassett hound in The Dukes of Hazzard show. Good luck, and thanks for adopting!!

K

kimc

Elvis is an excellent choice!!! come on Mimzy... have you decided???