Help please!!!

380reef

I just got the 3 stage seachem pinnacle ro unit. I hooked the yellow tube up to my hose and turned it on. Water then began to come out of this back tube with a white vaulve cillindar thing on the end. About a minute after that water began to drip out of a blue tube with nothing on it. Which is the good clean water??
Someone please help fast!!
Thanks.

380reef

the bacl tube has a big whit thing on the end... More water is comming out of that one. The blue cord is just dripping.

J

jcrim

Go with the blue hose. That's the color of the good hose on mine and if that side is coming out slower it is probably right.

dogstar

Not shur about your model but on most RO units the hose with the most water comeing out of it will be the waste water and the slower tube will be the clean water....

reeferdc

ok... Why would the waste water one (Black.) have a whit attachment thing on the end?? The brand is Seachem Pinnacle RO unit.
Anyone els have some advice to which is the good one?

dogstar

Originally Posted by reeferDC
ok... Why would the waste water one (Black.) have a whit attachment thing on the end?? The brand is Seachem Pinnacle RO unit.
Anyone els have some advice to which is the good one?
The waste line would have a flow restrictor on it. Kind of long and skinny thingy. Dont you have instruction for it?

reeferdc

nope.. No god damn instructions.. I think it is a flow regulator why would it have that on the waist line?? Its like a thin white thing on the end.. Also what happens if the pressure guage is not getting up that high??
Thanks for your help.

airforceb2

It should be a shut-off valve for the membrane flush. Close it to force water through the membrane and open it to flush the membrane about every 20-30 gallons produced.

reeferdc

can someone post a pic of there RO unit and where the clean water comes out of?? I just dont want to have extra dirty water going into my tank.

reeferdc

Do you guys see the tube on the picture that has the white cylinder on it??? Im useing that as my waist line... is this right?? The cor is about 4 feet long on myine. The good line im useing is an 8 foot blue line with nothing on it....
Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!