help please

i have a few heads on my FS slightly closed and turning a deep purple. When i tried to put it in place i dropped in my sand
is it just healing or is it a gonner?

bang guy

Originally Posted by Shaun Larlee
http:///forum/post/2620105
i have a few heads on my FS slightly closed and turning a deep purple. When i tried to put it in place i dropped in my sand
is it just healing or is it a gonner?

If it was healthy before the drop and it's in a good environment then it will recover quickly.

it was in another guys tank getting beat my current, i put it in mine and in 20 minutes it had doubled in size. It looks great i think. How long can the tentacles get. Here is a pic, tell me if you think its healthy.

bang guy

Nice looking coral. It looks slightly bleached so don't give it too much light too fast.
They can send out sweeper tentacles. A coral the size of yours could send tentacles out 5 or 6 inches past the normal tentacles.

i have about mid way up in a 55 with nova extreme pros i guess ill try and move it to the DSB its on a rock so it shouldnt be a big deal.

liljay0418

I have mine in the sand bed and have had no problems. I will take a pic when lights come on. And I only have p.c.'s

thats what im gonna try i guess
dont want the fella bleaching on my hes too pretty. Sure wish i had a RBTA to hang around in there too.