Help, Sick Hippo Tang

ltvidal

Hello there.
I have a blue hippo tang (one of two that were raised together for the last 6 years) that keeps laying on the sand. he breaths but does not swim. No other fish picks on him as of yet but I am worried about it. I have that fish ever since I started the tank and he is my faiv.
No ich that I know but i can spot few dots on him now. The other tang looks fine and swims fine.
This tang does not eat but his belly does ot look skinny or sick
Please help I am lost.
Sgt. EV

colbalt60

what are you parameters? ph alk amm nitrate nitrite?
in the pictures you posted it looks like two different systems he is in. hippo tangs especially, will try to hide, or lay down like that when scared/stressed.
i would say that things will get better with him as he becomes more acclimated to the system.
if it is a new system he is in, how did you acclimate him?

ltvidal

Hey, My numbers looking great. the tank is established and he lived there ever since he was about 1". Him and the other hippo were fine few days a go. Sal. is 1.026 HP is abit high but at 8.4 amonia is at 0 nitr and nitert are at o and 10 (a day after feeding). no new fish were introduced to the system. temp are 82 with the metals (250 x 2) working for about 6 hrs already.
I am freaking out.
I see some white dots on him now but they are not covering it.
Should I dip him in fresh water to be on the safe side?
I am also treating with antibacterial . My reef looks fine and nothing else is effected.
man I am crushed and will be if he dies.
Pretty sad for a big police officer.
he is my faiv. pet. I like him better sometimes then my k-9
Eli

ltvidal

PS
No two systems just one with and without the lights On. I just got the new lights 2 x 250 MH

meowzer

This is really a question (for anyone).....How long do tangs (or can tangs) live in home aquariums?

ltvidal

Great question. I have this one for over six years. He was about 1" when I got him and the other blue tang.

meowzer

Originally Posted by LTVIDAL
http:///forum/post/3197385
Great question. I have this one for over six years. He was about 1" when I got him and the other blue tang.
If I may make a suggestion....move this to the disease section....you may get the right responses there