HELP!!! Tank leaking!!!

new2salt3

We have a D.A.S 115 gallon tank. The tank is about 13 yrs old... we turned it into marine over a yr ago... and today, I was feeding the fish and felt water drip on my feet.... ohhh then it starting just coming out... OMG!!!!
It has stopped for now... howeverrrr..... now what? Does anyone suggest a tank that we can get?? Something that has an enclosed filtration system?? We don't know what to do or where to turn... but has to be quick... I can see it now... we wake up and all our savings is in the floor...
PLEASE HELP US!!!!
Sheri and John.

meowzer

First of all I would get some large totes QUICKLIKE and get everything into them before it all lands on the floor
then go get another tank

meowzer

Originally Posted by new2salt3
http:///forum/post/3261529
we live in Austin TX, not much choices around here.... that is why we're asking!!! :(
I know the feeling...LOL...BUT go to Walmart or a dollar store....get enough totes for your rocks and fish.....get the tank empty asap before it empties on your floor and you lose everything...
Then, you can shop for a tank...whether you have to wait till the weekend or whatever......
aybe you can fix your tank....but it has to be empty first.....personally I'd be scared of it....so get a new one, and while you are at it get a bigger one

rlablan

+1000 Moewzer.
you guys are fortunate enough that this was brought to your attention ahead of time, instead of like more people who just come home and find dead fish, broken coral and a flood.
I would not worry about what you are going to do about filtration and all that garbage at the moment.
I would drain your tank into your bath tub and put all the rock and fish in there at you can. I would leave the sand in the tank, with just a little water, if possible. then I would put a koralia in the bath tub for some flow.
Then visit all the LFS in the area and find a tank that makes you happy.
I would go with someone with a warranty, Like AGA or Aqueon. Any tank over 55 have like a lifetime warranty. They will even pay for the damage that is caused by the tank leak (like flood or fire damage) if it actually due to a bad seal or crappy glass.
Good luck.