Help with mushroom control please

wrassecal

So as you can see I really am beginning to have a problem. The tank is 135 gal and these are spreading throughout. The rock with 7 on it started out as one just a couple months ago or so. I'm having the same problem with polyps. The blue to the right of the polyps is yet another stray shroom.
Here is my polyp rock on right side of the tank....

wrassecal

Guess while I'm showing off my shrooms, here are my hairy mushrooms that my lfs gave me 1 1/2 years ago when there was only 2 itty bitty ones. These I love:D

E

elan

i find chipping away some rock with the corals is good control. You have to do it a few times since some will come back, but if you are able to get enough rock with it, it should work.
also, i like to get a nice peice of rock so that i can stick it on another rock. The weight of the small rock attached to the coral should be enough to weigh it down and keep it from blowing away.

wrassecal

Originally posted by Kipass4130
i guess it is hard to believe... but i am forecasting a zooanthid problem in the near future :rolleyes:

Duh;) So what do I do about them?

wrassecal

Drakken - I will trade them. I just don't want to leave any on the rock to re-multiply.
Joe - I've had them about a year and a half. No uv, or special additives.

wrassecal

At the rate they are spreading they'll probably be at your front door in a couple months;) They are blue, but not a true blue, look more purple like coralline color when they are fully out.

naturelover

move closer to strong light (top of the tank) it will bleach them and the smaller ones that are coverd under large ones will survive.

wrassecal

Yeah, I could give Marc Weiss products a run for their money;)
The "7 mushrooms" are on the top rock under 780 vho. They love it!

fishkiller

I'm starting to have the same problem. Dern shrooms keep popping up everywhere. They are starting to take over a button polyp colony. I'm going to take a hacksaw to the rock, maybe that will help.. Wrassecal- I'll take some of those blues if your trying to get rid of em!! I'll trade you some greens, but you already have some. :D

dbennett78

Wrassecal-
Is there any chance that you would be willing to ship some of these shrooms on a small rock to me at all? Please?

justinx

This is exactly the reason why I dont buy any mushrooms . . . .
BUT I did at one point, and to get rid of them, I pointed the powerhead at them and in a couple days they let go. Then grab em and bag em for the LFS.

bioreefer

LOL you can borrow my lion fish he for some reason does this all the time for me!!! I tried mushrooms in my agressive tank has just knocks them off I give up on this Idea but would like the Lion back!!! LOL:rolleyes: