HELP!!! worm in my tank!!!

xbubberzx

:help: ewwwww!! Today i was upgrading to a larger tank right now i have a 10 gallon and im going to a 40g. as i was taking my live rock and decorations out i noticed 2 pink sort of worms on the bottom of a decor pot that 2 of my fish like live in.right now i scooped the 2 i found out and put them in a cup.
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE???
SHOULD I PUT THEM BACK IN THE TANK??
ARE TEHY HARMING MY FISH??
HERES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE :scared:
1. THEY ARE LIKE ORANGISH PINKISH
2. ABOUT 1/2 INCH LONG
3. STRETCH OUT AND MOVE LIKE A WORM
4.THEY TRY TO BURRY THEMSELVES (I FOUND THEM UNDER A POT + NOW THEY ARE UNDER THE SAND
5.THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE A LOT OF LEGS (LIKE A SENAPEED) :notsure:

mike_cmu04

Without a picture it is hard to know for sure but it is probably a bristleworm. these will not harm your tank if you want to know for sure what it is go to the hitchiker sticky under the new hobbyists category in the forums. they will have pictures of all kinds of worms and explanations on them Good Luck.

nomad

Worms are good, they are garbageworms working hard to keep your tank clean and neat. :happyfish

xbubberzx

it looked like that but pink....i called ***** and the guy their told me it was a parasite and to flush it

chipmaker

Its amazing all ther myth surounding bristle worms...One forum is dead against any BW's, another is mixed others are ok with them,. My one LFS said that they are bad to have in a tanbk no matter what, the other LFS says he has not problems with them. I th8ink they get a bad rap because to most they do not look cute and neat......so it has to be bad...I wold leave it.......if you see it doing damage then remove it, and for the dude at ***** to be able to make a statement like that over the phone he is a dumba$$........aaaaaaaaaaaaOdds are he would not know a good parasite from a bad one or a bristle worm from a millepede if it bit him in the butt........Plain ignorance on his part.

bang guy

Bristleworms got a bad rap because they are so good and cleaning up. When something dies, say a Tridacna Clam, they taste it in the water and all of them come out to feed. The hobbiest wakes up in the morning, sees the dead clam loaded with Bristleworms and find it more comforting to blame the cleanup crew than their own reefkeeping skills.
IMO anyone that believes Bristleworms do not belong in a reef tank is making a huge mistake.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
The hobbiest wakes up in the morning, sees the dead clam loaded with Bristleworms and find it more comforting to blame the cleanup crew than their own reefkeeping skills.
IMO anyone that believes Bristleworms do not belong in a reef tank is making a huge mistake.
Agreed