Help !!!

renogaw

found it:
Parts of its flesh are poisonous. It has the ability, when threatened or alarmed, to inflate its body to almost twice its normal size. It becomes alarmed when netted, therefore, use a container to transfer it.
so you could easily have an 8" round fish in your tank.
It will also eat invertebrates found in a reef tank. Its teeth are actually a fused beak-like structure.
your hermits and crabs may become meals :(

scubaguy

Yeah, that is why I bought him so small
I am hoping that he will not but we will see. I also want a Anemone but the CC might eat it also. I am not sure about buying one but I also have to have better light, before even thinking about one.

scubaguy

I know some people bash these lights Odyssea but for the price I had to try the. So thought I would show you the tank with the lights. They are real blue but I am not sure how to fix it on the camera.

nigerbang

Looks like its really starting to come along...More rock def. looks better..Looking real good..Keep up the work..

scubaguy

Yeah, I know about the LR but have to give my wife a break.
Atleast a month or so then I can suprise her and she will find a couple of new rocks in there.

petjunkie

Hey, have you checked to make sure the tiki hut and your decorations are saltwater safe? Saltwater might eat off the paint, not sure, just something I would look into. Other than that tank looks good, off to a good start but I wouldn't add any more fish, you're pretty stocked now. Good job.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Hey, have you checked to make sure the tiki hut and your decorations are saltwater safe? Saltwater might eat off the paint, not sure, just something I would look into. Other than that tank looks good, off to a good start but I wouldn't add any more fish, you're pretty stocked now. Good job.

Ahhhh good point.I havnt thought of that..The paints on it might leach Chemicals and other compunds into the water..Good thinking..

scubaguy

Never thought about that? I guess I will tell my wife her tiki hut has to go
will check on that but one question? HOW, I bought them at petsmart in the aquarium area but I am sure that does not matter. Yes, I know no more fish. I am looking at building a 210 gallon aquarium in the future.

renogaw

if you go back to petsmart see if the tiki huts have "aquarium safe" or "salt water safe" or something like that on them. i think they are cool and add a little something different to the tank.
how's your puffer btw?

scubaguy

Aloha is doing great. He has not went after any emerald crabs or hermit crabs. He is a little timid to me but that is good I hope. He usually finds a corner or my skimmer and inflates himself and sleeps there at night. I LOVE SALT WATER AQUARIUMS.

scubaguy

Ok can not take claim for names. Kids and Wife

Percula Clownfish - Nemo
Three Stripe Damsel - JailBird
Blue Devil Damsel - Cinderella
Pink Dotty Back(?) - Pinky
Saddle Puffer - Aloha
Large Hermit - Rocky
Emerald Crab 1 - OZ
Emerald Crab 2 - Mr. Crab
Emerald Crab 3 - Capt. Hook
Chocolate Chip - Patrick
Small Red Hermit - ?
Small Red Hermit - ?
Bubble Tip Anemonea - ?

scubaguy

I have Four LED lunar lights. I know it is still dark buy looks of the camera but I can still see everything.