help

ibew

I still have a very bad micro bubble problem could it be I have an air leak somewhere but wouldn't water leak from that point I put 3 aqua clear sponges in 3 different places and also added bioballs to help break down nothing has worked to get rid of this problem

The problem is higher up in the drain system . . . its not in the sump.
How many GPH are you pushing through your sump?
What style overflow do you have?
So you run a standpipe of any sort? (e.g. stockman, durso, etc.)
I would NOT use a sponge of any sort . . . sponges do not belong in a reef tank filter system IMO. They will clog with detritus and cause a flood and they will quickly turn into a nitrate factory. Ditch the sponge and alter your overflow set up . . . thats where the problem is.

ibew

Originally Posted by 007
The problem is higher up in the drain system . . . its not in the sump.
How many GPH are you pushing through your sump?
What style overflow do you have?
So you run a standpipe of any sort? (e.g. stockman, durso, etc.)
I would NOT use a sponge of any sort . . . sponges do not belong in a reef tank filter system IMO. They will clog with detritus and cause a flood and they will quickly turn into a nitrate factory. Ditch the sponge and alter your overflow set up . . . thats where the problem is.
your right was after the overflow was on the return side of the pump I have know idea were I just spent half of the day ripping everything apart and plumbing the return side back together and some were on the return side must have been getting air through it without leaking cause there isn't anymore bubbles