Helpful spreadsheet...

*beaver*

Being new myself, I decided to put together an Excel spreadsheet to help with keeping everything straight. I have some "rules of thumb" in it and other factual calculations.
What it does (simple stuff I know):
-lets you enter all of your water parameters once tested (test log)
-Lets you know if you are ready for fish (performs checks on your water parameters)
-Lets you input information about your tank, lights, pumps
-calculates if you can have a reef tank with the given light
-calculates tank volume
-calcuates the percentages of your tank in gallons and cups
-calculates inches of fish you can have
-has a fish compatabilty chart
-graphs your ammonia, nitrite, & nitrate so you can see the spikes
Let me know if you would like a copy by posting in this thread (free, of course). I would like to get some input. This should be apretty useful tool to keep everything straight.
Thanks,
Beaver

sarwiz100

Welcome to the forum *Beaver*. And yes, I'd like to try it out. We use a prg that we got online (reefcon)but it doesn't graph. Sounds useful. salt_addict at yahoo dot com

mikebuzz

Beaver,
I'm new myself. Just setup the tank yesterday. 125 Gal. So far just water and sand. LFS says I need to get the PH and temp correct before adding live rock. I would love a copy of your spreadsheet.
Thanks,
Buzz
mikebuzz123000@yahoo.com

cain420

Originally Posted by wax32
Viruses can be spread through excel. Just a heads up.

thanks.. i will be sure to scan it! lol
but i am sure he would be bashed immensely if sending a virus around, although that would not help your pc at all!

*beaver*

Let me clean it up a tad bit more and I will send it to everyone. This is by no means a fancy application but just a tool I use for my own use.
I will send it out tomorrow.
As always, check all attachments for viruses before you open them. Although, I am in a computer engineering field so hopefully I can send an attachment without a virus

Beaver

cain420

lol, no offense, but you just joined yesterday, or the day the post was made... could be a setup for a wide spread virus... lol and being a computer engineer, would make it easy to do!
just got to be weary of things like that, as not many people on this site ACTUALLY know each other..
i am still interested however... would like to see how it works..