Hey everyone

teresaq

I know this dosent belong in this forum but its where I am comforable.
I have torn down my 150 and am starting a 40 gal so I can keep some of my older fish.
Stock will be my clowns, chromis, royal gramma - I also have a small mandrine that I may keep, depends
It will not have a sump, just a very basic tank.
T

teresaq

well shoot, now I have to find a light. The one i was going to use has a short and the only other I have the bulb is blown. oh well

novahobbies

Welcome back!!! (Internet hugs!)
I'm sorry you had to break down the 150....I know how tough it is to do that. But I'm very glad to see you got to keep some of the older livestock. How long is that 40g? Are you planning on keeping corals, and were you thinking T5 or MH? If we're going to call this your build thread, I'm definitely following along.....
And (dare I ask) did you manage to keep the horses?

teresaq

thats ok, yes I still have my horses and still have 5 of the babies. I seemed to stop the vibro outbreak.
Yes, breaking down the 150 was hard. Breaking up my marriage was harder. but such is life.
The tank is 36 long and only 12 wide I am going to try and keep a few softies only. I have a small pc i may try to replace the bulb in otherwise I will do a 2 to 4 bulb t5
Now all I need to do is sell the 150. My cousin has a friend who runs a maintance business and she is going to try to find someone to buy it.
I have three fish I have to get rid of, my scopas tang, and two eng gobies. They are too big for this 40.

teresaq

thanks
its going to be rough, me 4 kids, 3 dogs, 4 cats and two fish tanks, my plate is full lol

novahobbies

Ugh, I'm so sorry. Chel and I were really worried for you.....we've had family go through what you're dealing with, and I know how hard it can be.
As far as lights go, the AT site has some decent prices for 2 and 4 bulb fixtures. I hope you find a good buyer for the 150...don't let tank scalpers drive you down in price too much (we have a lot of those here).

novahobbies

Oh, and if you're keeping the Mandarin, just FYI the AT HOB fuge is surprisingly good! I bought mine off of the 'bay....it came with a "free" powerhead that way with a decent needlewheel, and shockingly the skimmer works very well. Much cheaper, and just as good, as the brand name one.

flower

Hi Teresa,
Sorry to hear about all the problems, when life puts us down to the lowest point, we can only go up from there...{{{Cyber Hug}}}...I'm glad your back.
I'm going to break down my reef tank...if you want my soft corals, just pay for the shipping. They are attached to rocks and since you mentioned needing more rock anyway, that might help. I also have some beautiful red macros I can send you....just let me know.
Kenya tree
GSP
Green button polyps
Green stripe mushrooms
Blue mushrooms (looks more purple to me)

teresaq

thanks for the offer, but i have tons of rock from my 150, i just cant decide how much I want in the new tank. lol I want it simple.
thank you for the hug too. Yes right now all I can do is try to heal.

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///t/391012/hey-everyone#post_3465679
ok here is what I have so far
What do you think of the rock?

I like it!
You know, I have a 24" PC light from AT that you might be able to use. It would need new bulbs (they're very old!) but it's yours if you think you could make it work....

novahobbies

No prob, it's here if you need it. Probably wouldn't be much better than the quad lamp...what you'll really need is a 36" fixture when the opportunity arises. How's everything going?

teresaq

yah, I will keep my eye out at my lfs they sometimes have used units.
its going - never realized how lonely I am