heyy

coralman05

I've always seen this form but, never clicked on it until now.. these things are pretty cool and good color. i've done a little research on different web sites but now gonna ask here.. What some general info about these little guys.. I know you have to eat them daily with brine shrimp or other "things" in that area. but whats the water have to be like and anything else that comes to mind for people who dont really know much about them?

snakeblitz33

This thread was posted in the non-photo-synthetic forum. My best guess is that he is asking the requirements to keep NPS corals.
It requires years of patience and practice in saltwater aquaria. It takes lots of research, dedication and care. I'm not very keen on NPS corals, but from what I have read, they require frequent meaty feedings, copious amounts of live zooplankton, live rotifers and live phyto. All of the food in the water column breaks down quickly, so it usually requires frequent water changes, GFO changed often, any type of filtration you can think of besides filter floss because you need continuous feedings. That's when it comes to filter feeding gorgs and other species. Some people have success feeding sun corals meaty feedings in the average reef tank. Most people don't have much luck keeping NPS corals because the care they require.
I think there's an awesome tank on RC that you can look at to get some ideas if this type of tank intrigues you. Spanko knows the link.

snakeblitz33

lol! I also think it's funny that some of the regulars don't know what forum people are posting in. lol. Ya'll use the "New Posts" feature way too much. lol!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388506/heyy#post_3426476
lol! I also think it's funny that some of the regulars don't know what forum people are posting in. lol. Ya'll use the "New Posts" feature way too much. lol!
You know,....you can use the new post feature and STILL know what forum the thread is in.......
He really needed to be a little more specific IMO

teresaq

I knew what forum he was in, but didnt understand what he was asking. There are more then one type of NPS corals, including sponges and gorgonias

snakeblitz33

Yup, I used the new post feature, and still knew what forum it was, that's how I knew to answer the question.

To each his own. lol It's all good.

snakeblitz33

yup, there's tons of different types of NPS corals, and each has their own care requirements, ... OP, research every coral and make sure you know what you are getting yourself into!