Hi everyone

eazymas

Hi, I new to SW fish and it aquarium but always loved seeing them. I been lurking around couple of website learned alot but still have alot of specific question and neec your help.
I am living in an apartment and planing to get RedSea Max 250 or another brand from Spain but I didnt get the name but the dimension is about 120x50x50 cm3. The spainish brand accessiblity is transpart sliding gate, which gives you alot of good view even on top of the tank if feel it a shame if this tanks isnt used as reef tank. My area is usally very hot in the summer, reached this summer 50c that is about 120f. But thank God for AC.
I alway want a trigger and seen a big beuatiful clown trigger That looked very peaceful with the damsel and another fish cant remeber but I hear it needs much bigger tanks than both of the tanks about. so my first question could you put only 1 big clow trigger in the tanks with 2 smaller fish in begin? I hear the less crowded the less agressive.
I tried to search for a person who has only one fish in the tanks but didnt quiet work it in google.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazymas http:///t/392378/hi-everyone#post_3483574
Hi, I new to SW fish and it aquarium but always loved seeing them. I been lurking around couple of website learned alot but still have alot of specific question and neec your help.
I am living in an apartment and planing to get RedSea Max 250 or another brand from Spain but I didnt get the name but the dimension is about 120x50x50 cm3. The spainish brand accessiblity is transpart sliding gate, which gives you alot of good view even on top of the tank if feel it a shame if this tanks isnt used as reef tank. My area is usally very hot in the summer, reached this summer 50c that is about 120f. But thank God for AC.
I alway want a trigger and seen a big beuatiful clown trigger That looked very peaceful with the damsel and another fish cant remeber but I hear it needs much bigger tanks than both of the tanks about. so my first question could you put only 1 big clow trigger in the tanks with 2 smaller fish in begin? I hear the less crowded the less agressive.
I tried to search for a person who has only one fish in the tanks but didnt quiet work it in google.
Hi, welcome to the site.
I can't help you much, even using a conversion chart I don't know how large a 120 x50x50 by cubic square is. I only know gallons and liters.
You are correct, you don't want to overcrowd. Saltwater fish are very territorial.
With temps that warm, I would invest in a chiller as well.

eazymas

120x50x50= 300l.
That is about 80g.
I dont know there are alot of people with 125g plus kinda big tank.
I think the width and height of most rectangler tanks are same but the length is different
Sure I Will put chiller even with AC on 24/7 always have to take precaution

snakeblitz33

Your tank is about 48"x19"x19" and approximatly 80 US gallons. Clown triggers have the potential to grow up to 20 inches (50.8 cm) thats a big fish for such a small tank. You should probably get a 6 foot tank (182cm) which is about a 100g (378 liters).
Read, research and learn. That is all it takes. Welcome to the forums and i hope you enjoy your stay.

eazymas

Thanks snake and by the way love you new hobby guide thread. Very informative.
I noticed triggerfish personality are different from on to another even from the same types. Kinda confusing to do research about them.
Also i would like to know the tank size for suitable fish is based on what exactly? Is it only experince?

Tank size is based on the fishes requirements, maximum size, temperament, activity(like how much they swim), how much they eat, what they eat, if they are sed or easy to keep, and so forth.

flower

Here is my way of finding the fish that looks like what I would like, and all the info.... even the max size of the fish, and the size tank they need...

A page

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwaterkeeper http:///t/392378/hi-everyone#post_3483599
Also, forgive me moderators, but *********** gives pretty good tank sizes also.
LOL..as a rule you can google any fish and find out the adult size...and what size tank it needs.
I like my little book because it's the same one my pet store folks used to give me information when I asked. That's how I discovered the book in the first place. I didn't have to purchase the book...I could just go to the pet stores book section and look up the fish I'm checking out in their store. What I like about owning my own book, is that I can thumb thru it at home and learn about fish I don't see in the store, then I go online and find it to order. EXAMPLE: I have yet to see a fairy wrasse in any pet store.

sweat90lx

All of Snakes guides are great info and very well detailed.
I google search all of my fish wants and this site usually has the best information. Sometimes we are different and have to learn as we go about what we want in our tanks.

scrapman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392378/hi-everyone#post_3483601
LOL..as a rule you can google any fish and find out the adult size...and what size tank it needs.
I like my little book because it's the same one my pet store folks used to give me information when I asked. That's how I discovered the book in the first place. I didn't have to purchase the book...I could just go to the pet stores book section and look up the fish I'm checking out in their store. What I like about owning my own book, is that I can thumb thru it at home and learn about fish I don't see in the store, then I go online and find it to order. EXAMPLE: I have yet to see a fairy wrasse in any pet store.
This book is a MUST IMO for all aquarists. It helps avoiding costly mistakes.
It goes hand in hand with "Marine Invertebrates" by Ronald L. Shimek, Ph.D,