Hi

gemmy

I guess I should have introduced myself before chiming in on the threads. I work in a petstore (no sw), and I have a very basic understanding of swf. I am here to keep learning and help others too.
My tank stats (and please no criticism on being WAY overstocked I had 2 tanks the one crashed recently and the only way to save the fish was to put them all together):
55 gallon
2 heaters (forget the wattage)
2 Koralia powerheads/1 aqueon
Substrate is a mix of aragamx oolite and ocean direct live sand
50 lbs live rock
2 ocellaris clowns
2 blue damsels
2 3 striped damsels (i know about damsels being evil the one bit me)
1 bi-color pseudo
1 lawnmower blenny
1 gold headed sleeper goby
CUC mixture of cerith & nassarius snails, hermits & mithrax crabs
BTA
bubble tipped coral
xenia
mushrooms
zoas
I'm going to lighten the bioload as soon as I get my other tank back to together. My nephew thought the fish wanted a bubble bath.

I'll post pics when I can.

meowzer

YIKES....I would love to see pics....I'm not gonna give you a hard time about stock BUT...seriously.....get rid of all the damsels.....I can't believe you have other fish and the Dev...err damsels haven't killed them off....and Do not close your eyes.....they will jump out and eat you

gemmy

I like the little guys. I know they are evil, but they don't attack the other fish. I'm the only one that gets bit, which is at feeding time. I'm going to move them back to their own tank as soon as it is ready which should be in like 3 weeks or so.

flower

I'm not even looking at your stock list because what can you do ...
Anyway HELLO! Welcome to the site.

S

shrimpy brains

Welcome!
So sorry about your tank!
Kids and tanks are often a bad scenario! Sounds like you've got it under control though!

gemmy

I have some pics. They are not the best.
Just missing my lmb and a damsel (the fish are trained for group shots)

torch

mushrooms

mystery coral from swf lol

i think the tank looks great with all those fish together....but unfortunetley we cant have to much fish in this hobby now cant we

are those four striped damsels a mated pair and if yes have they bred?

gemmy

damsels are very similiar to clownfish and are dimorphic. They have not bred yet, but they have been exhibiting mating behavior.

gemmy

Yup, they are like cousins. The damsels have been banished from my main tank.
Ohhhh, maybe I should post new pics of the tank. It has changed a lot since I last posted in this thread.