highschooler's thread!!

fishieness

okay everyone, i want to see some pics of the tanks of some of my fellow high schoolers out there.
there have been a few threads of this in the past, but as we all know, tanks get better (hopefully) and the crowd on this board comes and goes.
so go for it!!!!
***)

fishieness

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Do you consider 8th grade highschool or not?
i think we can make an exeption

jayc

Tanks look good guy's!! Here's my little contribution!
125gal:

I'm 15 and in the 9th grade!
-Josh

jayc

Thanks!! But unfortunately i'm getting rid of him. He has a taste for corals. He ate two rics, and more than half my lobo brain. SUCKS!!
-Josh

wangotango

here's some more, and one of my 46 fw. i keep both of the tanks because the rest of my family knows squat about fish, which is why im nervous about leaving for college
does anyone else have any close-ups? we gotta get some older people in here to take a look ***)

madman33

the sad thing is u guys have nicer tanks then me lol. Just wondering who has to pay for their own stuff and whoes parents paid for theirs?

wangotango

i pay for some of the stuff (when i have money), but my parents do pay for most of it. i usually get to go to the lfs to get 50-60 bucks worth of coral once a month (this is my allowance), but then again i do 100% of the maintanance and upkeep. its funny whenever i ask for something my parents always bring up that my tank is expensive, and that i "should be thankful to have a roof over my head and food on my plate". my response is usually "well you should be thankful that i dont do drugs and obey you."

madman33

I buy all of my stuff!! Besides christmas & birthday presents.
-Josh
well i have to say im quite impressed with your tank lol especially since you buy all your own stuff...How long has it takne you to get it up to the poiunt it is at?

wangotango

hey fedukeford: where is vestal? im about 20 minutes east of rochester in fairport. i though i read you talking about the reef shoppe in one of your posts, are you a regular there?

jayc

Originally Posted by Madman33
well i have to say im quite impressed with your tank lol especially since you buy all your own stuff...How long has it takne you to get it up to the poiunt it is at?
Well thanks!! I had a 55gal and decided I wanted to upgrade I saved money for awhile and then found a 125gal on the famous aution site. I bought the complete setup tank, stand, canopy, sump, skimmer, lights, and fish for $1300, about a month ago. I had to get new substrate since they had cc. Most of the fish that came with it were'nt reef safe besides the naso. I added everything from my 55gal. And that's where I'm at now. I spend almost all of my $$$ on this hobby.
-Josh

reefreak29

Originally Posted by JayC
Well thanks!! I had a 55gal and decided I wanted to upgrade I saved money for awhile and then found a 125gal on the famous aution site. I bought the complete setup tank, stand, canopy, sump, skimmer, lights, and fish for $1300, about a month ago. I had to get new substrate since they had cc. Most of the fish that came with it were'nt reef safe besides the naso. I added everything from my 55gal. And that's where I'm at now. I spend almost all of my $$$ on this hobby.
-Josh
i spent half that on my first car