hippo tang

trikonreef

We got this fish yesturday, looked great. today- not so great! when my hubby got it he put stress coat plus in the tank to help the fish. we have a 6 line wrasse, shrimp, scooter, crabs. nothing really that would hurt the fish. not sure what to think of what is happening to it. any help would be appreciated!! thank you!
~Trikonreefs Wife~

jackri

Beautiful softie tank... is the tang getting better or worse?
Not sure what it is... possible HLLE? if i spelt the initials correct. Poor guy :(

trikonreef

looking at him right now, his breathing is really fast. it literally happened over night too! he was beautiful yesturday and then today earlier today he came out of the rocks and looks like this. hubby says looks like abrasions. he is looking at it right now. i am just worried cuz if there is something wrong with it i want to get it fixed or call our lfs and see what they can do for us. dont want to lose it. our 4 year old loves it. hmmmm.....hope someone has an idea of what is going on with him!!

flower

Originally Posted by trikonreef
http:///forum/post/3077586
looking at him right now, his breathing is really fast. it literally happened over night too! he was beautiful yesturday and then today earlier today he came out of the rocks and looks like this. hubby says looks like abrasions. he is looking at it right now. i am just worried cuz if there is something wrong with it i want to get it fixed or call our lfs and see what they can do for us. dont want to lose it. our 4 year old loves it. hmmmm.....hope someone has an idea of what is going on with him!!

What is in the tank with him? Could he be under attack from something? He looks biten to me.

trikonreef

we have a six line wrasse, who by the way is going to be out of the tank tonight hopefully, he is being a butt head to the scooter that we have, used to have another scooter but it died a few days ago, think that it was him. camel shrimp, peppermint shrimp, crabs, anenomes. not really anything to hurt him. ugh it is frustrating! his breathing is fast! and isnt swimming around now.

flower

Originally Posted by trikonreef
http:///forum/post/3077605
we have a six line wrasse, who by the way is going to be out of the tank tonight hopefully, he is being a butt head to the scooter that we have, used to have another scooter but it died a few days ago, think that it was him. camel shrimp, peppermint shrimp, crabs, anenomes. not really anything to hurt him. ugh it is frustrating! his breathing is fast! and isnt swimming around now.
It dos not sound good for him. The picture really looks more like an injury than a sickness. Could a rock have fallen o him?

trikonreef

we just set up a new sump today. thought that maybe we could put him in there but hubby says he doesnt want to stress it out even more than it already is. he wants to know if anyone knows if he will recover from this? if it is from rubbing on the rocks or somthing. were just not sure!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you describe this in detail, and/or provide close up pictures?
In addition to whatever is going on with the dorsal fin area, this fish has head and lateral line erosion. And HLLE does not occur over night.

mantisman51

Wow! You got the fish yesterday and put in in a reef the same day? Wow! You really should QT new fish, so even if the problem is just a beat up fish, it's in a stress-free environment and if it is ******(ich), you won't have to tear your rock apart to get all the fish out. Good luck with the Dory.