Hitchhiker Identifications

reefnut

We have started a ID threat called Hitchhiker Identifications in the New Hobbyist forum. If anyone has some good hitchhiker pictures and wouldn't mind us using them, please post them here. If you want to do a writeup to go along with the picture that would be great too but not necessary.
I'm really in need of a spaghetti worm picture if anyone has one!!

T

tizzo

whelk...Bad, will eat meats including snails and in my case, striped mushrooms!!

T

tizzo

Pyramid snails...Bad, parasite on turbos and mexican snails. And I'm not sure if these are the same pyramid parasite that (coral) clams get. :notsure:

T

tizzo

hydroid jellyfish...Not good, but not really to worry about either. They sting your fish, but I doubt you'd be able to tell when...

T

tizzo

Yeah, I'm just havin' all kinds of fun!! :D
Stomatella (varia) snail...beneficial algae grazer. Your more likely to spot him at night.

sweetreef

stomatella!!!Hey reefnut maby you should put crabs and shrimp on there as well and maby some pics of pods as well because i have seen some killer crabs come in as hitchhikers..

scarr105

Hey thanks guys and girls this is great, I'm learning something, but do you think you could add if the hitchhikers are good or bad. I'm still new to SW so I don't know what is good or bad. Just a suggestion for us newbies.
thanks keep up the good work.