Hitchhiker

mn1467

I do not know how to post a pic so I am going to describe it.
It is attached underneath one of my LR. It has tentacles sticking out. When I tapped the rock it pulled it self in. sorta like a featherduster does. If you want a pic of it I will e-mail you one
I just want to know if I should get rid of it or should I leave it alone:help: :help: :confused: :confused:

mn1467

let me know if the link worked I think it is something like a feather duster but not as pretty. I do not think it is dangerous because when I tap the rock it pulls itself back inside the rock

mn1467

That is it!!

Thank you Jenfur
Now is it dangerous? Should I keep it in there? If I should take it out How do I do it?

mn1467

I just did research on aptasia and they say the best way to get rid of them is to use a special type of nudibranch or peppermint shrimp. I have the peppermint shrimp in the tank but I feel that they are too small to do any damage. The nudibranch is BERGHIA VERRUCICORNIS. I never heard of it. and SWF.com does not sell them.
Any other ways to get rid of them will be helpful.. except chemical. I am not that experienced in handling these things so I do not feel like injecting it with anything that my kill my other animals in the tank

daredevil

Do aiptasia have bubbles on the end on some of their tenyacles kinda like a small green,yellow,half bubbletip anenomie? I have something on my LR that looks somewhat like it.

mn1467

It is part of anemoe family so maybe
everybody is telling me to kill it so I am.
Probably going to use my peppermint shrimp first I will give it a couple of weeks If it does not work I will inject it with calcium