Hobby to Hobby: Fishy Import Racing Scene

rickycobra

By the way, a 4.6 cobra will put out more horsepower than a 5.o cobra. I have had one of both so I know by exp. A 94 black hardtop, and a 97 cobra convertible. My 94 went 14.12 @ 99

tkblazer

geez where in the world have i been...i never saw this thread :rolleyes:
anyhow i've been into cars for a while considering my age (22). yes i drive a honda and no i don't drag race or do any of that show car crap. just basic mods with most emphasis on suspension. unlike others i like every car as long as its fast in one way or another. i'm going to be selling the car soon and replacing it with a MKIV supra tt or perhaps SW20 mR2
here is the POS integra

fishtails

They say the new Nissan Skyline R35's will have a V-8 TT..It is supposed to have 450 hp. Now that's fast for an import, but I'm discouraged because it's a V-8.

tkblazer

Originally posted by Fishtails
They say the new Nissan Skyline R35's will have a V-8 TT..It is supposed to have 450 hp. Now that's fast for an import, but I'm discouraged because it's a V-8.

yea thats been a rumor, but most likely the R35 will have the new VQ26DET motor that was just introduced on the stagea wagon which uses the same drivetrain as a skyline.

Originally posted by rickycobra
By the way, a 4.6 cobra will put out more horsepower than a 5.o cobra. I have had one of both so I know by exp. A 94 black hardtop, and a 97 cobra convertible. My 94 went 14.12 @ 99

so you're saying the bigger motor was overkill...i don't know about everyone else, but i'm not too impressed with all of your mustangs you've supposedly owned in the past or how fast you can drive them.

aggie05

DO yall really not believe that the 4.6 is more powerful than the 5.0? Ford wouldn't have gone to the 4.6 if the 5.0 was still a better engine.

rickycobra

amen,The 5.0 was great, but now there is something new. As far as thinking a 5.0 is faster just because it is bigger thatn a 4.6, is just being ignorant. Thats like saying my dads 6.0 liter f350 superduty can smoke a 4.6 cobra, not an icecubes chance in hell. But anyways lets see some tanks, thats the real reason we are all here, ricky

aggie05

Boy you just made an ass of yourself. Read the post first before flaming him. Your comment is exactly his point.:rolleyes:
Ley me clarify. He said that people think that the 5.0 is better just because it is bigger. Therefore they must think that a 6.0 is better because it is bigger, with that rational a f350 would win in a race because it has the bigger engine. This isn't true as we all know, but neither is the fact that the 5.0 is better because it is bigger. There, I hope that clarified the statement for you.;)

he is saying that the bigger motor doesn't mean it's faster. try putting a 6.0 in a cobra and see how well your 4.6 does against it. of course a super duty won't beat a cobra, keeping weight in mind, right

rickycobra

I am not about to get into a pissing match with you over cars. If you were to put the 6.0 out of a super duty into a cobra chances are it wouldnt be faster. A super duty truck is all tourqe. IT is made to pull things. If you did do it though you could leave one hell of a smoke show. I was just refering on your comment about the power difference between the 5.0 to the 4.6. Just out of curiosity what do you drive? As far as having a 5.0 I wish I still had my 94. The 4.6 is a sweet set up but kind of tough to work on.

aggie05

We all know that it is possible. Whether it is worth it is another story. You can make some amazing 4 cylinder engines with the right amount of money, but I would much rather have a nice 6 or 8 with a little cash left over.:)

Originally posted by rickycobra
Just out of curiosity what do you drive

honda prelude. yes it is a four cylinder and no it won't beat any cobra. i didn't mean to make any enemies...i'll just drop it now.
nolofinwe- can i get one of those in a two seater...you know, for me and the boyfriend. jk

yetex

It doesn't matter what size of an engine it has. Some brand new 4 cyclinders that come straight from the factory would be an older mustang with a 5.0 just because of the miles the engine has.
And yes the 4.6 could beat a 5.0
i have a friend with a 2000 gt that ran in the 13's with it and it is just stock.

bwets_angel

This is what my car looks like. It's not my actual car but I will try to get a picture of it when I go to my in-laws this weekend. (That's where the car stays for the winter.)