HOLY COW...What is this ?!?!?!?!?!?!

I had seen this laying on the cc of my 20g but thought nothing of it. Now, it's climbing the glass !!! What is it ?
And BTW, all the little white blurry things are little "bug friends" !!! :D :D :D
Ignore the red slime, I'm working on it !!!

I'm telling it to "work it". But I don't think it knows what I mean !!! :D :D :D Iturned to look at it and it was open like this picture. When it "saw" me, it closed up.

bdhough

It looks kind of like a clam. I have one, black and brown, growing in a shady recess of my rock. Looks like yours came out to play.

Don't want to potentially kill it, it's cool. I'm heading of to the Stars - Caps game.. GO STARS !!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get pics tomorrow if I can find it again. On the assumption it is a clam, wat does it eat ? Here's another 2 pics to hold you over till later Sammy ....

bdhough

No you're right. I just assumed with the opening i see and the thing on the sand bed in the earlier pics it looked like a clam but now it looks like its climbing the glass. Or it learned how to magically swim......

nm reef

Kind of hard to tell from the pics but it looks like several of the sea slugs/snails in my display and refugiums. Sort of like a snail without the hard shell...just a thin shell like coat on the top instead of the normal shell...slugs is what I call 'em...but then I'm a low tech kind of reefkeeper....:cool:
They have never been a problem in my system and I do have several ...they seem to function about the same as my snails....they crawl around cleaning up unwanted detrious and algaes.:cool:

gregzbobo

I have seen a small critter that looked like a little clam crawling around on a piece of my live rock. It had stuck out of its jointed end something that looked like a foot I assume, and it did have 2 shells, like a tridacna clam.For a long time it just stayed in one spot, then one day I saw it moving away from that spot using its "foot". Have not seen it since. The pics I saw of yours looked ALOT like mine, hence my previous post. :) I might be wrong though. Would definitely not be the first time.

S

starfishjackedme

That's pretty cool guys, found out what the little bugger is. :D
I guess you can only get those as a hitchhiker?

Back from the Stars game and they SPANKED the Caps ... 5 to 1 GO STARS !!!
Anyway, it has a hard shell that it opens and closes. If you sit and wait, it will open a little. Then if you move fast, it will snap shut. He has managed to crawl into a pretty small crevice. As soon as he is reachable, I'll snatch him up and take a picture. He doesn't look anything like the snail picture. The opening is not what was attached to the glass. The side of his shell was holding him on somehow. VERY weird. Anyway, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite and I'll get more pics ASAP.

bdhough

DAMN IM GOOD.....
Or at least trying to be.....
I still don't know half the stuff you sharks do.....

That's why they are sharks !!! Just like your boss, their job is to make sure you have no clue what they do !!! Then you can never do their job !!!