Holy Smokes

jeffro8332

did anyone else see that a "super hot pink ricordia yuma" sold for $610.00 plus they had to pay $35 for shipping. that is nuts. does anyone else have pics of $600 rics?
j

wocka

lol i love how 1 yuma will sell for 600$! thats such a ripoff, most i would pay for that is 15$

minitrucke

how the heck can someone pay that much for a single mushroom. Can someone please email me the link to the auction or atleast post the name of the seller? Id love to watch and see what else the person puts up for auction

viper_930

Looks like a very very nice specimine. Small, but it does have a very deep pink, might even be considered red and the reds are the holy grails of yumas. The reds usually are expensive, but $600 is outrageous. :eek:
jeffro8332, your ricordias are Ric floridas, not Ric yumas, that's why you paid so little compared to the $600 one.

funkyman

I was watching that auction. I've decided ric's are my favorite, and have been watching quite a few as to try and aquire some. I was dumbfounded when it was at $250.
If anyone out there has any frags for sale, PLMK. I bought my first ric last week from the LFS. It has 3 polyps on it, which are sourt of pink and brown. I thought it was a pretty attractive piece for $25. I've already made room in my tank for future residents. LOL!

moga

well..
i think supply and demand..
some people are more obseesed on those than me for sure..
so willing to pay that much money..
i wouldn't pay that much tho..

jeffro8332

yea viper i know i have few yumas in my tank to and i paid lees for them that is just the most i paid for a single ric. it is a very beutiful ric i have seen them at a LFS in St Louis for 200$ each and they were about an inch wide.
Crzy4reefs i have about 12 of them now so let me know if you want to swap somethiing. i always up for a good frag trade. here is a pic a better pic i took the one above right after i put them in the tank.
j

X

xnikki118x

I can't believe someone would pay that much for a single specimen. All the livestock in my tank probably doesn't even add up to what that person paid for that one piece of coral.
Don't you wish you had that much money? I mean, wow. Whoever bought that, does anyone know if they're a strapping young bachelor? Beause I can use a man like that....

crazy4reefs

i have some diffrent zoo's, some regular mushrooms (purple, green stripe and orange) might be able to spare a little blasto. e-mail me if you are interested. Gage04204 at aol dot com

oceana

that is just insane!!!

hype is the only reason things like that sell for so much
i paid 10 bucks for this one at the LFS. in person this ric shows up a bit more red but looks about the same as that one does to me. ither way it sure as heck is not worth 600+ dollars
pic Under 20000k MH