Home remodeling

wattsupdoc

Alright I've got some progress pics here.
You'Ve seen this before, but the transition from rock to wood is complete here. It looks like it's a 4X4 post. But it's hollow and houses the white Led's.

Front view, rock past the master bedroom and some past dining room widow. Transition complete up to front door. ALL white LED's in.

Front door. Deck back in place. Mud in just past the deck.

View from the south. Pelican Paul standing Guard.LOL

How the transition is made, with LED installed.

drpaul84

LOL@pelican paul.... looks great Charlie! now hurry up an get it done, enough slacking, the whole awwww my arm hurts thing is getting old!

wattsupdoc

Yeah, Pelican Pauls pretty cool!
You know if it were you, you'd be cryin' so hard you'd have to strap a life boat to your butt to keep from drowning.

wattsupdoc

OK, it's been a while and progress has been made. I ran short of rock by about 6 sq, ft. This will be here sometime this week. The ******** work has been complete and the new kitchen can lights are installed. The south is is just dang near complete, I ran short about 3 bundles of shake shingles this afternoon. I'll pick them up tomorrow probably, but wont do anymore until this weekend. The old shed on the back of the house has bee removed and destroyed.
Then replaced by a 24 ft.X 8 ft. storage. I'll do double 4ft. sliding doors made of board and batt. Guest bath also got two can lights, a shower can and a new upgraded exhaust fan/light.

deejeff442

dont even look like the same home anymore .nice job.
i put some of that lick um and stick um rock on my kitchen bar .my knuckles were bleeding from the chicken wire.
cant beat the look of cedar .looks great.

wattsupdoc

Thanks!
I love the cedar myself. I really like breaking it up by doing somethiong different here and there. My wife doesnt like the "breaking it up" thing so much, so I'm trying to keep it to a minimum. Not exactly sure what I'll do along the back 70% that's not done yet. But I'll probalby break it up somehow.

wattsupdoc

Well, it's mostly healed up by now. Still very touchy though, with some pain. But usable. I changed that front door out within 2 weeks of surgery, my wife flipped when she came home and the old was gone, the new in.
My arm was still in a splint. Honestly, I don't know exactly how I did that and move the 8X8 deck back into place without re-breaking it.

mie

Love the remodel. Looks fantastic, We are currently upgrading here to, raising our fence and putting a 14 by 35 foot deck on the front of my house. Luckily no ladders.
I fell off my ladder last summer building my shed and my ankel sweld up like a softball.........I agree not to funny.

veni vidi vici

Nice job Doc
Looks very professional and i personally like the look.Ill be comming down to the Ozarks this summer to build my buddies summer cabin.
He wants the dam thing on stilts.Im trying to talk him out of it but i dont think hes going to budge.

scopus tang

Nice job Doc
looks great - love the cedar/rock combo. What color rock did you end up using? Looks similar to what we put up - Bucks County or something like that. Very nice job.

ameno

Haven't checked in on your building thread in awhile, you've been really busy, looks great

We've been trying to figure out what to do on the outside of our house, part is still house wrap from the new addition and the old part has the same pattern wood style as you've done, we really liked the style but it was done in pine many years ago and is cracked and bowed, doesn't look good anymore,
I think you've givin me an idea
I'm gona show the wife these pics and see what she thinks, I might need to find out were to pick up some of that cedar.
Good job Doc

wattsupdoc

Thanks all!
This is going to open up a whole lot of little micro projects now. Doing little odds and ends here and there to give it more character. My home will probably always be under construction. I just like being creative. This was just an open field with a slight hill when we moved the house here. The retaining wall is made from power line poles. I've done every bit of the work myself, including the permanent foundation. The rock walk is rock harvested from a house some friends of my wife built a little while back, in the Kimberling City area. The rock id made by Veneer Stone, called Ledge stone flats, Crimson. got my last bit of rock in today, so by the end of this weekend I'll be done with that, and the south end except for doors on the shed. We plan on building a large addition on the back,south half of the house. Like 28X40 I think it is with a bathroom, a De and a sun room. I plan on doing a large tank in there at that time. Like around 400g. We'll see.

You guys should see the inside of my 14 foot slide in truck camper. It's all Knotty Pine and Cedar, with a Australian Cypress floor. Little bit of Oak, and some painted wood also. It's got practically all the amenities, including satellite, with a 15' LCD TV sleeps 5 pretty well.
I have just about completely gone through it.

reefraff

My brother used to have a big pickup camper that came from the factory with the knotty pine in it. Cool old camper

wattsupdoc

Progress. Front complete,
south end complete except for storage doors. Sealing begins. I decided to go with a cedar toned sealer. This really makes the wood look like it did when it was first cut. Maybe a tad darker and very very nice. This is FLOOD brand Cedar tone UV protector. claim 4 years on siding. we'll see. I dont mind recoating every 3-4 years if needed.

wattsupdoc

OOOPS, heres the sealing pics...
This stuff really soaks it up. Thats a gallon on there in the pics. I fugfre propably 15 gallons to coat it all.