home theater/240g tank room

slick

Well I'm making progress on my theater/tank room. I am in the mudding stage now (YUCK) As some of you may remember from one of my posts a few weeks ago I was debating on which speakers to go with. Well I chose JMlab speakers. Let me tell you these speakers are awsome. I will get some pics when it is all set up. Here are some pics of the room in progress.

ian

I have seen some pictures of a canopy you built that was amazing. Anytime you are bored and want to build something in the Maryland area I am happy to donate my place! Good luck keeping the coraline off the front of that glass!
I want to see that room when it is done.
:cool:

dindi

OH My bad I forgot men (AKA) idiots love this kind of stuff. ME (female) just want to see it done:D Looks great . I think....

I knew you were a woman b/c you didnt put the year on your b-day...j/k
I also had 2 chinchillas when I was growing up and have recently thought about them again
Everytime my wife speaks of children I get another pet
lol
We just got married last year and our plan is to wait 3 years before kids
wow this went really far off the thread topic
sorry

slick

Thanks guys. Dindi calm down girl:D I will post pics when it is done. Just thought I would share some of the progress.

stacyt

slick,
Do you have any close up shots of the stand contruction? Are you planning on making the tank flush with the wall, or will it sit back in the wall?

slick

Stacy it will be flush with the wall. Just like a picture. The tank will take some time to set up as I am spending quite a pretty penney on my home theater.

stacyt

slick,
How are you constructing the stand? What are you putting under the tank, where the tank sits on the wall? I'm doing a 240 in the wall, and I'm trying to decide how to construct the stand for the best possible support under the front of the tank that sits on the wall.

m.rogers

Originally posted by slick
I am in the mudding stage now (YUCK)
slick if you where in maryland we could work something out i do the mudding for you and you could make me a canopy. the mud is the easy part just wait to you have to do the sanding. i do it for a living and HATE sanding more then anything.
looking good post more pics as you go.
mike

snowbear

Originally posted by Dindi
OH My bad I forgot men (AKA) idiots love this kind of stuff. ME (female) just want to see it done:D Looks great . I think....

Me female idiot too and me wanna see the progress!!
Lookin' great so far, slick - that's going to be an awesome room!!

slick

Thanks for the positive feedback so far. Stacy I will get some pisc of the stand today and post them for you.
I like fish, The electrical boxes above the tank are for my rear surround speakers.
I can't wait until I get this room done. I have about 5k in equipment sitting upstairs in my living room just waiting to go.

ian

Slick,
I had left you a question on your canopy thread but I think you stopped checking it. When you built that canopy did you frame it with a 1X2 ? I am going to build one this weekend and I am trying to keep it as lightweight as possible. I looked at some pine and oak 1 x 2's for the frame, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ian