Horse Pucky...my washer broke.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Scotts
first off :scared:
Second this is a bad test. The washer has a limit switch that has to be triggered with the lid closed or it will not spin. So you can throw This test out.
My finger goes into that little hole and pushes that switch... But apperantly, Reefforbrains says I'm a cow and I weigh to much, so it wouldn't work anyhow......

T

tizzo

I'm gonna put it all back together and hope that sheer luck fixed it. It could happen!!

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by Tizzo
My finger goes into that little hole and pushes that switch... But apperantly, Reefforbrains says I'm a delicate little princess, but perhaps I was wearing heavy shoes, and this in conjuction with the entire worlds beaming adoration upon me may have caused the clutch to bypass, so it wouldn't work anyhow......
If 8 years old and it doesnt work worth crap then just do what everyone else does......Use the universal phrase....
"this bulb is about 4 months old........" and put it in the classifieds!!.

lovethesea

OMG
:hilarious
do you know how much I wish you were my neighbor?? I have much to learn.

My 10 year old (well cared for, looked like new) Maytag died last year (sounded the same as your problem). I bit the bullet and got Whirlpool front loader. L O V E it !!! Amazed at how much less water it uses. Also the
"HE" detergent it better for the pipes.
This fall the dryer burnt up.
Didn't spend the major bucks on the mate for the washer ($900 for matcing dryer). found the same size whirlpool dryer with all the same stuff as the mate, but half price.
p.s. only pick the PIA kids from the neighborhood. I wish I could send you some of the ones we have.

lovethesea

I just got my Consumer Reports today, what do you know........there is info on washers and dryers !!! Did you get yours yet??? If not let me know, I can email copy to you.

scotts

Originally Posted by Tizzo
My finger goes into that little hole and pushes that switch... But apperantly, Reefforbrains says I'm a cow and I weigh to much, so it wouldn't work anyhow......
The nest time you try this please make sure hubby and your neighbors are they so they can play the game, guess what that snapping sound was. And while it is very doubtful it could nontheless be a mangetinc limit switch, so use the proper tool for the job as screwdriver.
As far as 8 years old, you have almost reached the half like of your washer. Mine is 16 years old. and YES the old take it apart and put if back together thing may work. I have done this countless times and for some reason it works when you put it back together.
LTS, We have seen the front loaders, and wondered how well they work, so you like it? Does it hold more clothes?

T

tizzo

Yeah, we are considering the front loader now too... We were talking about the washer and outa nowhere, my hubby says, "I think I'm gonna get a front loader"... I laughed but didn't say anything. (For a second there, I completely forgot wwhat we were talking about), he heard me chuckle and asked why... I said, "What are you gonna do with a fork lift? Is this another get rich quick scheme?..." when he shook his head at me, it all rushed back... OH! A front load WASHING MACHINE...
Daydreaming and convo, don't go so well together...
Anyway, I haven't put it back together yet, just getting around to it now...
stupid, stinkin' ugly old piece of #%@*&%^ ... I took such good care of that dern thing.

M

masoninnc

What brand of washing machine is it? I had a whirlpool that had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a cheap part "inside" the aggitator that needed to be replaced.

T

tizzo

Your part was most likely the dogs. Those are what I already replaced. Actually, they are dog agits...
It is a whirlpool though...
Bigarn, keep munching...hooking up water lines now...

T

tizzo

Where are my channel-locks!!?
What's this "extra" bolt go to!?
Where'd all this water come from?
My pony tail keeps getting caught on the soap shelf!!
NOT FUN!!
almost done...

T

tizzo

I found my channel-locks.
I found where the "extra" bolt went...
I cleaned up the water...
Pony tails all messed up but that's fixable...
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did I mention

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer: :cheer:

lovethesea

you are my hero.
Now how much fun is it going to be getting those sopping wet HEAVY towels back into the spin cycle.
Too bad you couldn't put the neighbor kids to good use.

T

tizzo

Oh no, those wet soppy towels were what I used to verify that it's working!! I put them in and went straight for the spin cycle.
WOOHOO!! I am so excited. I hate buying new crap that isn't beneficial to my funness!!
LTS, it's not to late to use those kids though... I can always "re-verify" again and again and again...

lovethesea

Originally Posted by Scotts
LTS, We have seen the front loaders, and wondered how well they work, so you like it? Does it hold more clothes?

I love it. It holds a lot. Like I said, I opted out of the matching dryer. Just didn't have the nerve to spend almost $1,000 on a DRYER. The guy showed me another whirlpool dryer that had the same capacity, bells, whistles etc for less than half that.
Plus it uses about 1/2 the water.