"Hostel"....don't believe the hype

darth tang

There is nothing wrong with it. Nothing mean implied. Just reminding myself and others you are young and prone to unthought out responses that be viewed as confrontational.

celacanthr

Well...I agree with him. Young people (myself included) do not always think out, and re-read their responses.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
it is not scary, it is just sick and yes it is a very good movie so just shut it, it is a very good movie and every one should go see it in my opinion
Puffer... read your post.. then reread this thread. See a difference in tone?

aw2

Now I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing Hostel. It looks downright insanely scary, on the previews.
I'm a big fan of SAW...even though I never got to see the second one. I havent seen The Exorcism of Emily Rose either. Movies like that really freak me out, because of the "based on true events" factor, like The Exorcist.

pontius

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
it is not scary, it is just sick and yes it is a very good movie so just shut it, it is a very good movie and every one should go see it in my opinion
see, the difference is that I REVIEWED the movie and told why it was not great, you just say "it's good, go see it", and expect to be taken seriously? from reading your posts, I wouldn't take any of your recommendations too seriously.
DaneDodger, they are releasing remakes of "When A Stranger Calls" and "The Hills Have Eyes", both of these previews were shown before "Hostel".
the scariest movie I've seen was "Event Horizon" which came out in the late 90s. wouldn't really say 'scary', just had a lot of shocking moments. saw it at the movie theater and was kind of freaked out. bought the dvd last year and found it to be kind of lame. either the tv doesn't do it justice, or I've just grown up. if puffer24/7 was my age, they probably wouldn't have been too impressed with Hostel either. I want to see a true horror movie that can make me pee in my pants and leave before the ending, haven't seen one yet.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Based on this thread, I rented E. Rose last nite. I thought it was good, but hardly something I would loose sleep over.....My spine was hurting me this morning, though....unrelated, I'm sure.

cartman101

Originally Posted by Pontius
I want to see a true horror movie that can make me pee in my pants and leave before the ending, haven't seen one yet.
Yeah, Horror movies have become so lame now. Its actully quite sad. Even Jaws is scarier then all those new horror movies that have came out in the past 6 years.

ty_05_f

I saw Hostel last night and I don't think it lived up to its hype at all. It's not scary at the least, but it was a bit gory. If you want to see a soft core

[hr]
with some blood then this is the movie for you.
P.S. Wolf Creek is a boring/cheap movie as nothing happens until the last 25-30 minutes, and the camera is shakey.

mitzel

Well we had been wanting to rent the Exorcisim of emilly rose and this thread pushed me into it.
I have to say it creeped me out . Not so much the movie but more just the idea of demonic posesion. I thought the movie was very drawn out . I found the movie to be less about emilly rose and more about the court room drama , Too much was wasted on this and not enough on the actual Possesion of emilly . It was as if she was a side story . They should have named it the trial of a priest. But that doesn't have a cool catch word like EXORCISIM.

jacknjill

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
lol, you are so mean darthy!
Well, I can usually freak out people, by doing that thing where she like bends her spine backward (you know the church scene). I am super flexy! Oh, and that girl that did the leg over her shoulder walk (well, I guess two different ghost girls did it: In the Ring, and in the Grudge), is always a good choice to freak people out.
:hilarious :hilarious

hey, did you know that they actually used a contorsionist for that part of the movie in The Ring 2? I thought that was pretty cool

J

jcrim

I saw Wolf Creek last night and didn't think it was that bad. I heard so many bad things about it and almost didn't go but thought it was actually entertaining. Very much like the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre but if you like that then you would probably like Wolf Creek.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The freaky scene in Emily Rose was her friend waking up and finding her twisted on the floor, staring at him with that demonic expression. How would ya like to wake up to that.... :scared:

mitzel

Originally Posted by Beth
The freaky scene in Emily Rose was her friend waking up and finding her twisted on the floor, staring at him with that demonic expression. How would ya like to wake up to that.... :scared:
Thats the whole reason she's my EXwife.

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by mitzel
Thats the whole reason she's my EXwife.

BTW you can at least change your username to "patmitzel"... sounds good.

mitzel

Originally Posted by jcrim

BTW you can at least change your username to "patmitzel"... sounds good.

I had to change the avatar it reminded me to much of my exwife.
:hilarious
:hilarious

celacanthr

I think that their have already been several movies based of this, and other accounts like the one of the priest and family of emily rose. I thought this storykline, was a much better change of pace.