House Progress

reefkprz

your ******** floor, OSB is a particle type board (chips really) that does not hold up to setting water damage, say you put down hardwood over it, water spills (not like that would ever happen) gets below the hardwood either at the edges or through the cracks provided by using prefinished hardwood flooring common in new construction. the water then sits under the hardwood causing the OSB to swell heaving the floor, as well as degrading the actual integrity of the board. same thing for carpet. the material most use now is called Avantech 50 year gaurantee against moisture. OSB has none. its crap for any roofing or flooring, though its great for sheathing (upright walls not prone to sitting water) but it is cheaper, if you were looking to cut costs that was a great way to do it but in the long run advantech far outperforms.

reefkprz

I forgot to mention you can seal it before laying most flooring types down on it in any room you think has the greatest potential for water damage (fish room bathroom etc.) it'll help increase its life. I'm sure your builder knows what they are doing. It just suprised me that people still use OSB for flooring when there are far better products out there, I havent laid it down as flooring (subfloor or otherwise) in years. heck I get suprised when I see some one nailing asphalt shingles on with only three nails.

bronco300

well more updates, plumbing has been put in! and they painted the outside trim: oh and the furance and tubs

Hall bath

above kitchen plumbing

kitchen

bronco300

water softener rough-in:

this one has baffled me, i have no clue whats going here--the little wall is the island:

the vents have been put in too

HERE is our GARDEN TUB

seasalt101

this is jennythebugg here didn't log tobin out..... the island looks like it will have water ? the little wall is a stud wall so there will be a nailing surface for the cabinetry of the island...looking so good in there !

bronco300

haha, i understand the wall...just am confused about the two holes that looked crappily patched up...and the tube.....didnt realize anything with water for it...only thing i would think is it being electrical...but all those hazy tubes around the rest of the house is for water...so thats what confused me

rykna

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Looks good, man. the price tag is scary though. 140k I bought my shack for 60k its only 103 years old. and in seriouse need of help. but its home.LOL 140s not a bad ticket price for a new home. keep us updated.
Scary???? Are you kidding??? Do you know how much his house would cost here in the twin cities????
At least $400,000

The house looks awesome. can't wait to see it when it's finished.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Bronco300
haha, i understand the wall...just am confused about the two holes that looked crappily patched up...and the tube.....didnt realize anything with water for it...only thing i would think is it being electrical...but all those hazy tubes around the rest of the house is for water...so thats what confused me
the patched holes are odd but that might be #1 the hole was put on the wrong side and #2 the one with the supply line in it is filled for insulation purposes, maybe i don't know but they are odd......and omg rykna 400,000
wow it would be about 150,000 here

bronco300

welp updates are here finally, the electrical wires are all ran...plumbing finished....roof shingled....sheet rock laying inside as well as some siding--pics pics pics

Here is the island, it was just electrical after all :D

bronco300

got some more pics, insulation is IN...hopefully drywall starts today!

REEFKPRZ or someone is it bad that the insulation is partially squished t here, i've heard it takes the R value down, which obviously we wouldnt want..?