How Annoying!

ophiura

Originally Posted by socal57che
I seem to come across a little abraisive (especially to ophiura) ((I hope she doesn't read this)) on screen, but I'm really likeable in person. At least I think so.

Yes, I read them

And I am from New York as well....
And, yes, let's leave religion out of this thread please.

ric maniac

^^ very true
They make me mad, because if I wanted to be in their religion then they would see me at church....

socal57che

Originally Posted by ophiura
Yes, I read them

just wanted to say
back.
From NYC, or some other part of the state? (that doesn't really claim NYC/Long Island)

socal57che

Not the city, so "upstate"
Basically Poughkeepsie (Hudson Valley)
Never been that far north and east. Been to Buffalo, Niagara, Horseheads, Elmira, Corning, Ithaca, Sayre, and that area...and "the city" of course. I miss the street vendors in NYC. I want a knish.

m0nk

Yes, I read them

Sorry 'bout that!

scgator

My wife sent me an e-mail the other day about how to mess with the callers. You ask if they could hang on an then put the phone down and walk away.
We finally got to try it the other day. It was dinnertime so instead of walking away I laid the phone down and we continued to eat. We could hear the guy asking if we were coming back on and stuff like that. After about 10 minutes he finally hangs up. Right before he hung up I heard him say " I don't have time for this sh-t!" I swear it was the most satisfying thing I've ever done to a telemarketer.
I don't know how they can call me since we signed up for the "no-call" list, but occasionally they do.
Good times.

ophiura

I try not to be mean to telemarketers, they are trying to do a job. So I just either - get my name on a no call list, not answer the phone (anyone calling on our landline now is almost certainly a telemarketer) or just say "thanks but no thanks." Some times I wish I could say, "OK, how much time do you need to keep me on the phone for your boss...and let's talk about the weather."
But they are people trying to do a job, bring home a check, for their families. No different from any of us. And if I was hung up on all day, or treated like that...not cool. :(

ice4ice

Originally Posted by scgator
My wife sent me an e-mail the other day about how to mess with the callers. You ask if they could hang on an then put the phone down and walk away.
We finally got to try it the other day. It was dinnertime so instead of walking away I laid the phone down and we continued to eat. We could hear the guy asking if we were coming back on and stuff like that. After about 10 minutes he finally hangs up. Right before he hung up I heard him say " I don't have time for this sh-t!" I swear it was the most satisfying thing I've ever done to a telemarketer.
Ooooo ! I gotta try that next time they call. Or have my 4 yr old take the call. LOLOLOLOL !!!