How 'bout them Pats.....where you at bjoe23?

crashbandicoot

no the franchise just recently did bad . I believe they lost the last super bowl they were in and didnt go to the one before that ?

bjoe23

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2458663
no the franchise just recently did bad . I believe they lost the last super bowl they were in and didnt go to the one before that ?
Here are some facts for the past 7 years for the Pats
18-0
3 Super Bowls
4 Super Bowl Apperences
4 Time AFC Champions
5 AFC Champion Game Apperences
1 NFL MVP
3 Super Bowl MVPS
Broke Passing TD record
Broke Recieving TD record
Broke Total Scoring Record
7 Winning Seasons
Theres more...
Getting to the Super Bowl isnt bad at all, only 2 out of 32 teams can say they went to the Super Bowl that year
And they did bad? No team can say any of those (execpt MVP).

ice4ice

I heard Pats coach got a phone call from Mercury Morris ('72 Dolphins) and told him, "YOU SUCK !!"
Now everybody's got the Pats's number .. everybody going after them next year.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by bjoe23
http:///forum/post/2458779
Yeah but we made it to the super bowl, and are the AFC Champs

My hat is off to the patriots...They had the greatest, record breaking season THAT DIDN'T MATTER!!.
I also had 50 down on the giants with NO spread. just straight up.

bronco300

broncos got it twice in a row, but i bet 80% of the people could care less anymore......i must say it is pretty crazy if they really aren't going to the game....maybe they also think their season was worthless since they didn't win the super bowl
oh well though, live moves on

scubadoo

I peronsally thught at the time Coach Genius going for it on 4th down with 12 or 13 to go was a BIG mistake. In the end, the Genius may have outcoached himself.
Even if he would have converted the 4th down, the percentage play was to kick the 49 yarder. IMO, he had a better chance converting the field goal than the 4th and long.

scubadoo

http:///forum/post/2458672
18-0
3 Super Bowls
4 Super Bowl Apperences
4 Time AFC Champions
1 NFL MVP
3 Super Bowl MVPS
Broke Passing TD record
7 Winning Seasons
Theres more...
Getting to the Super Bowl isnt bad at all, only 2 out of 32 teams can say they went to the Super Bowl that year
And they did bad? No team can say any of those (execpt MVP).
Your team is getting older and I predict a few years decline in the future. Like most teams that have a run over a few years...the Pats run is coming to a close IMO. Just a prediction...we'll see if I'm right.
Also, doesn't that punk/thug Moss have a legal problem now off the field? Even though his contract is up with the pats, he may face suspension if convicted? I've seen reports where he is looking for a 15-20 million guaranteed contract. Might need that kind of scratch to pay legal fees and settle civil suits if his accused thug behavior turns out to have actually happened.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
http:///forum/post/2459997
Your team is getting older and I predict a few years decline in the future. Like most teams that have a run over a few years...the Pats run is coming to a close IMO.
Exactly, look at the 90's Bills. 4 straight Super Bowl apperances, and they perhaps had just as many or perhaps more weapons on each side of the ball then the Pats. Teams just cycle through.
The real question will be if there's all these Pats in 12 years?

scubadoo

http:///forum/post/2458672
18-0
3 Super Bowls
4 Super Bowl Apperences
4 Time AFC Champions
1 NFL MVP
3 Super Bowl MVPS
Broke Passing TD record
7 Winning Seasons
Theres more...
Getting to the Super Bowl isnt bad at all, only 2 out of 32 teams can say they went to the Super Bowl that year And they did bad? No team can say any of those (execpt MVP).

And it would be shameful if all those accomplishments were aided by cheating through the years....
Matt Walsh worked seven years with the New England Patriots before being let go on Martin Luther King Day in 2003. He was on the New Orleans Superdome sidelines when the Pats kicked off their dominant run, upsetting the St. Louis Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl. He wasn't a chiseled athlete, but a go-getter who climbed his way up the team's support staff ladder -- first as a public relations intern, then as a video assistant and later, in his last year, a college scout.
Mostly, though, his years with New England were spent shooting football video.
He was the third, and last, employee on the video staff. In his words, he was Matt Estrella before Matt Estrella, a reference to the Patriots video assistant caught filming the Jets' defensive signals by league officials last September at halftime of a game against New York -- the violation that birthed "Spygate" and led, in part, to some of the heftiest penalties in league history. New England coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 -- the biggest fine ever for a coach -- and the team was docked its first-round draft choice this year.
And now, Walsh, 31, an assistant golf pro on Maui, might be positioned to further pull back the curtain on the Patriots' taping history, expose where and how they gained advantages and, perhaps even, turn over video proof.
If Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, is serious about calling a hearing to delve into the issue -- particularly the questions of why the NFL hastily destroyed all evidence, including tapes handed over by the Patriots, and what other as-yet-undisclosed material might be out there -- perhaps one of his first calls should be to Walsh, who in conversations with ESPN.com suggested he has information that could be damaging to both the league and the Patriots.

scubadoo

More potential shame......
USA Today, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league's security arm wants to talk to Walsh about a recent Boston Herald report that a member of the team's video staff taped the St. Louis Rams' pregame walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI,
"We will seek to speak with him, so our security people are in the process of trying to make that happen," Aiello said, according to USA Today. He said the NFL wants to see if Walsh has new information. Previously, Walsh expressed a willingness to tell league officials what he knows, should they call.