how can he have so many fish??

avbryce1

:notsure: :confused:
ok I was at my lfs and i was talking to this guy and he was telling me what kind of fish he had ...
1 YT damsel
1 Lemon Peel angel
1 royal gramma
1 sm blue hippo tang
1 maroon clown
1 sm bubble tip
and 1 green mandarin <SP>
3 turbo snails
1 hermit crab
all in a 10 g tank!!!!!!
he has had his tank this crowded for over a year (he claims)
nothing really special about the tank just alot of live rock and a huge penguin skimmer and a small powerhead and a heater
and the fish all seem to be very happy
HOW HOW HOW:eek: :confused: :notsure:

S

sebae0

give it time and he will have problems, some of those fish shouldn't be in a 10 gal by themselves.

avbryce1

I know and he was trying to say that he barely does anything at all to it .......im shire he was F.O.S about how long he had had all the fish

pufferman

It is possible for a VERY short period of time. But, even with the best filtration system in the world, he will not able to sustain them any longer. It's just a matter of time.

lion_crazz

even if it's true, which I HIGHLY doubt, it's never gone last. He had to have been lying to you. There's no way that can work. I don't see a tank like that lasting longer than a few days.

aidos

seams like he is B.S. u and trying to sell u as may fish as possible. whether they live or die, he has made his dollar. stores with that mentality should be closed down, they have no concern for the fish or customer and do far to much damage to the environment.

flatzboy

Originally posted by Aidos
seams like he is B.S. u and trying to sell u as may fish as possible. whether they live or die, he has made his dollar. stores with that mentality should be closed down, they have no concern for the fish or customer and do far to much damage to the environment.

:yes:

brinkdrum

He's definetly lying to you....or you can expect him to have very serious problems down the road with his fish. I had a hippo tang that lived in my 55 for 5 years but was never truely happy to be there you could tell, now imagine that same fish in a 10 gallon. HE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS...lots.

brinkdrum

Yes i still do, at least for another semister. I'm hardly ever in the fishroom anymore because they need me on stock. Also i beleive they cut spending for saltwater fish so we aren't getting in as many lately. Our supplier hasn't been shipping the best stuff lately so i guess its not a total bummer.

avbryce1

just thought id let yall know i went to the same lfs this morning and i saw the guy leaving with a 90 gal. and three of his fish were in a tank inside......... the funny thing is I told him about this site .:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish