How do pods get from fuge to tank?

hippo!

OK, this may be a dumb question, but....
How do copepods get from the fuge to main tank? Are they carried by return water, or do you have to capture them and put them in the tank yourself?
Do you have to take LR from fuge to tank?
:notsure:

nm reef

I think enough can make it via pumps to sustain a healthy population...but moving rubble can be a quick and safer way to boost populations in the main display.Plus...you could use a small sponge...like those that cover power head intakes...to transfer pods from the refugium to the display. :thinking:

snipe

I kinda thought you removed some rock from refug and placed in tank and took rock from the tank and placed in fuge.

hippo!

a sponge huh? never would have thought of that one
NM reef

I wanted to try and keep a manderine later on, looking 5 to 6 months down the road, and am looking to be able to supply enough pods for it.
Thank's again :)

scotts

Originally posted by hippo!
nice avatar snipe :joy:

I was going to say the same thing to you.
Scott

hippo!

Bang Guy - my understanding is this: the flow through the fuge is not supossed to be very fast, correct?
so I was mostly wondering if they would be carried to the tank by this flow through the fuge.
Thank's
:)

wwfstyle

I use a PVC pipe (like a 2") and fill it with a sponge and leave it there (fuge) for a few days. Then place outof sight in main tank for a day or two. Repeat process like once a month if needed for your mandarin.

bang guy

You still want pretty good flow through the fuge. Not reef type flow but enough to being in nutrients. Once you have a good pod population they will volunteer to find new areas and be swept into the display tank.