How do you fund your hobby???

wangotango

im a 16 year old student, whos parents spoil him
im trying to get a job at one of the local LFS, and am going to go to school to become and architect.

toyshika

Well, I was working at NASA HQ for the past six years, as a Help Desk Manager, and supporting the Administrator. My last day was yesterday (man the hangover from happy hour) LOL
I just accepted a new job working for AOC (www.aoc.gov) as a Help Desk Manager.
Now, I usually forgot to pay some bills buying something new for the tank. Ha!

K

kimc

I'm an insurance agent, commercial lines. My hubby helps pay for my habit!! He's self employed marine contractor and inventor!! He invented the Magnum Cap Cutter, cuts asphalt shingles in to ridge cap. www.magnumcapcutter.com life is great!!!

fccman

Im a process unit operator at an oil refinery. It pays well and can be pretty challenging at times, though a little messy. I just wish they would give me free gas.

babyb

i work at a snowcone stand. and make 6.00 an hour and i go to school but not for long. less than one month i graduate and i cant wait

evanwv19

I work at the big chain "PET" store as a fish fellow... In my spare time I hang/help out at the LFS. That's what fund and helps out my hobb.....addiction. Not much money but the discounts are kinda nice

reefrobert

Hi all,
I used to work for a screw machine company for 7 years, almost died from making no money.
Worked in the cnc machine shops for 4 years, died, and went to college.
got a B.S., waiting to get a good job to pay for this hobby, but I could die again if I dont get a job soon!

fishman830

Originally Posted by aquapro_1
My daughter has your son beat! she turned 3 last Sat. But in May, her docs visit she was weighing in at 52#'s and was 42 tall. We went to Disneyworld at the end of Sept and she was able to ride all rides, not that she was interested...But she is 45', now and was not yet 3 yrs...I maintained her wieght & she is shoot up like a weed. Her sister is now 11yr and 84#'s and 5'2.

wow
i'm 16, 5'2" and 130.... that is a tall girl!

thangbom

Originally Posted by tinmanny
When you are done your apprenticeship what will your pay be then think about it that way

well it's not like im in the union soo i dont really 'get done' w/ my apprenticeship... and if i do 'move-up' in the world.. the machanic i work under only make $2.50 more then i do... soo :scared:

thangbom

Originally Posted by crashedin0
for real appreticeship can be urber rough how old were you when you started ?
16 started welding 17 kept welding 18 most likly still gonna e welding after that i am gonna look for welding jobs somewhere else

i started this trade 2 years into high school.. i went too high school then cought a bus to tech school.. ( had long days ) then work at a dead end company for a while making $7.50 ( and im epa cerified type universal ) breaking my back and killing my knees.. ( i now have a bad left knee.. ) then got out of it for a little while then back on agin.. i make better now but i cant afford jack.. im 23 still living at home.. :help: ( people tell me it's the best, but i dont know.. ) as for how much i like my job.. i dont .. for me it's only a job not a life style thing.. and why not colledge.. well . im not too fond of school and dint know what too school for.. soo do somthign your good with. wich is my hands and i just went from there..