"HOW" is this even possible...

shogun323

I could tell everyone how great the weather is down here but if I brag on it anymore lovesthesea with probably send me hate mail.

T

tizzo

WEre all comin' to Clearwater.
Hey I used to work at a place on Gulf to bay.
I loved Clearwater, I shoulda stayed there...

shogun323

Originally Posted by Tizzo
WEre all comin' to Clearwater.
Hey I used to work at a place on Gulf to bay.
I loved Clearwater, I shoulda stayed there...
No way!!!!! I could throw a rock and hit Gulf to Bay!!!! I live on Drew Street. Where did you work?

socal57che

Originally Posted by lovethesea
I'll let you know when we do the next basement run! Thats always exciting....green skies,sirens blaring,temp drop of about 15-20 degress
***)
I'm driving back for a week the first week of June. I hope to see a thunderstorm while there...I really miss sitting on the porch watching the sky turn green, black clouds, lightning, thunder....and the first really strong winds that blow in with it. They have this smell that says "run for cover."
That's prolly the only thing I really miss about the midwest, thunderstorms.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by shogun323
I could tell everyone how great the weather is down here but if I brag on it anymore lovesthesea with probably send me hate mail.

:thinking:
send it??????

honey I will BE there before you know it
***)
Drew St.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by socal57che
I'm driving back for a week the first week of June. I hope to see a thunderstorm while there...I really miss sitting on the porch watching the sky turn green, black clouds, lightning, thunder....and the first really strong winds that blow in with it. They have this smell that says "run for cover."
That's prolly the only thing I really miss about the midwest, thunderstorms.

Driving from Cali to where? (MO? ) Yikes, thats a long drive. :scared: The biggest run we make in one day is 18 hours from FLA to STL.

And there is nothing better than the smell of a good rain storm. AND I do sit on the porch and watch it come in.

so far so good though on the tornado thing. ( KNOCK ON WOOD )

socal57che

Driving from Cali to where? (MO? )
25.5 hours to Grain Valley/Blue Springs from Oceanside driving straight through. I drive it several times each year. Double cheeseburgers at McDonalds in Gallup, NM come with green chilis unless you specify otherwise. You learn strange things driving cross country. Longest trip was from Dayton, OH to Oceanside...but we did stop in KC to visit family and rest.
I hope to avoid the twisters during my visit.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by shogun323
No way!!!!! I could throw a rock and hit Gulf to Bay!!!! I live on Drew Street. Where did you work?

Place called "Melons" not even sure if it's still there... It was a long time ago... I remember hoola hooping in the parking lot, LOL!

shogun323

We LOVE Hogfish Grill

Hate to break the news to ya but it is gone. They just put another restaurant in there recently.

prk543

Well at least today was back to decent weather in Charlotte. I was outside all afternoon apartment hunting, so it was nice to be outside... unlike yesterday. Though it was nice laying by the pool in my apartment complex last week....

sepulatian

68 degrees in NY today and absolutely perfect. Slight breeze, not hot nor cold. I wish todays temp lasted all year long!!!! I love this weather!!!!!

caz2022

Originally Posted by sepulatian
68 degrees in NY today and absolutely perfect. Slight breeze, not hot nor cold. I wish todays temp lasted all year long!!!! I love this weather!!!!!
I couldn't agree more!! The weather in Buffalo is fantastic-supposed to be this way ALL week!! See it doesn't ALWAYS snow here :hilarious :hilarious

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Prk543
Well at least today was back to decent weather in Charlotte. I was outside all afternoon apartment hunting, so it was nice to be outside... unlike yesterday. Though it was nice laying by the pool in my apartment complex last week....

Nope, still not warm enough for me... Today will be 72, but the rest of the week looks much better IMO... anything less than 75, and I'm cold!!
Aftyer today, hang up your jacket, cause the olwest temp will be 77 all week!!!

Oh and sunny to... My bikes getting as antsy as I am!!

teen

Originally Posted by larryndana
Global warming, terrible huh....

:happyfish
im pretty sure global warming makes the temperature get cooler first due to the fact that the polar ice caps would start to melt, making the oceans cooler making land temperatures cooler.
its been nice here on long island. high 40's at night and high 60's- low 70's during the day.

T

tizzo

Yeah...see..I don't buy it. When we have long hot summers and mild winters, they blame global warming. When we have unusually cool springs, they blame global warming. Hurricanes, no hurricanes, el nino, el nina...everything is due to global warming...
Didn't I hear somewhere that it's only like 1 degree every so many years!!
I think it's cold cause we got a front that came down from the north...
Course, who knows?? I mean, what do I know about global warming...LOL

teen

global warming is happening. its just something our planet does though, its not entirely our fault.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Place called "Melons" not even sure if it's still there... It was a long time ago... I remember hoola hooping in the parking lot, LOL!
I remember that place. Pretty sure it is gone. I actually used to live in the neighborhood directly behind it in 1985.