How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

fishkiller

lopeyc- Dude, you so should have read the rest of the thread before you asked that question, unless that was intended as a joke. You COULD have been burned on that bad. Good people here though. Sammy- you forgot about the 3 people that claim that they use incandescent (spelling, OH GOD!) lights on their reef tank, and recommend it for everybody as a cheap alternative to real lighting.

lopeyc

Originally posted by fishkiller
lopeyc- Dude, you so should have read the rest of the thread before you asked that question, unless that was intended as a joke. You COULD have been burned on that bad. Good people here though. Sammy- you forgot about the 3 people that claim that they use incandescent (spelling, OH GOD!) lights on their reef tank, and recommend it for everybody as a cheap alternative to real lighting.

Was I too subtle? ;)
"1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again."

scotts

Originally posted by ReefNut
Abbreviations are really inappropriate for a BB

Why does this remind me of the department of the redundancy department????
Scott

nm reef

Seriously....the entire lamp replacement thread must have come from a government department of lamp replacement! Only the federal government could be so duplicate and redundant....as a common place occurance!! For gods sake if it didn't origionate from the federal government do not...I repeat DO NOT...let them see this thread....if they do it'll be printed on every single light bulb package in America!!:cool:

lesleybird

They missed one important point...............It takes at least a couple of dozen members to decide which type of light bulb to use to replace it! I mean really.......like are you sure that light bulb is the right degrees kelvin? The right spectrum? The right wattage????? I mean we really didn't get to discuss what was to go under that bulb! This bulb cannot be changed with out all this information. I would say it takes at least a couple of weeks and a whole bunch of us to even determine how to change a light bulb. Lesley
:confused: :confused:

wrassecal

Originally posted by NM reef
Seriously....the entire lamp replacement thread must have come from a government department of lamp replacement! Only the federal government could be so duplicate and redundant....as a common place occurance!! For gods sake if it didn't origionate from the federal government do not...I repeat DO NOT...let them see this thread....if they do it'll be printed on every single light bulb package in America!!:cool:

The correct spelling of originate is originate.
Your redundancies are getting a little redundant.
You have not offered any real help. Please try to stay on topic.
This is not a board for consipiracy theorists, there is another board for that.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ophiura

Originally posted by ShaneV
wouldnt that be http://www.jokes.com :)

Watch the links. I guess it is a unrelated info site, and not a competitor, but just a reminder.
IMO, light bulbs are delicate and are often put in fixtures that are too small for them. Sometimes they burn out because people put them into the wrong fixtures. This is unnecessary and a waste of bulb life. I think some bulbs should only be sold to experienced electricians.

nm reef

LMAO....debi this thread reminds me of a very funny dam situation with a pond and beavers!!!!! LMAO....:D

infalable

still laughing mao. how many lumens does my light - i mean lamp - have to be. That joke sure is us tho. too funny
OOPS I FORGOT TO CAPITALIZE

krishj39

Originally posted by sammystingray
Found this on another board, cut and paste, enjoy
1 to change the light bulb and 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
53 to flame the spell checkers
41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped
111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Me too!
Great thread, very true, I've probably been every one of those people at one time or another.

ophiura

Check out this Bulb site!
And
How they work!
But while we are all enjoying this fun and games thread, I need to add a sobering story. The other day, I was feeding the gecko tank at work. We have this super hot but flimsy fixture over it, and it was all coming apart. I moved it, and got one heck of a jolt of electricity.
Bottom line....it can be dangerous to change or play with light bulbs. They are not toys.

m.rogers

what about the 1 person that tell every one that you don't need to spend all that money when you can just set up your tank in front of a window and let the sun do all the work.
sammy to funny

wrassecal

Originally posted by NM reef
LMAO....debi this thread reminds me of a very funny dam situation with a pond and beavers!!!!! LMAO....:D

;)

the claw

Its a known fact that light bulbs should be left in the store where they belong. Sooner or later we are going to run out of them. No matter what size of fixture we use, they will eventually die.

Its a known fact that light bulbs should be left in the store where they belong. Sooner or later we are going to run out of them. No matter what size of fixture we use, they will eventually die.

sammystingray

The biggest problem is folks using 100 watt bulbs in rooms way too small for them. Some folks claim there is no need to even do bulb changes, but I disagree.