How Many (gph) From Tank To Sump???

anthony17

so whats everything you need in sump/fuge???
FUGE: SAND , LR
SKIMMER: SKIMMER, OPTIONAL :HEATER
SUMP: PUMP TO YOUR MAIN TANK
am i right what all you need in there

wax32

I don't have a picture with my stand open showing the sump and the display all at once, I'll take one tomorrow when the lights come on.

wax32

Yup, pretty much. I actually have my heater in my main tank atm. It's long and sticks down behind my rocks on the left, so it works out ok.

wax32

It died. I was without power for 17 days. I had to start over. A couple snails and a hermit survived in my sump.

wax32

I added a pile of LR when I set it back up. I'm looking at the old pictures and kinda think it looked better before. Maybe it's just because I need corals.

anthony17

thanks wax youve been very helpfull and i now think i might understand sumps/fuges im going to be starting up my tank after christmas but for now im trying to buy everything this hobby is very expensive expesially for a 17 year old kid who's parents wont buy anything for him i have to earn everything for get something wich is good i guess but im hoping buy christmas ill have everything my mom told me they were buying me a RO/DI machine for christmas because i was going to buy one but she wouldnt let me LOL about how much did everything for your sump cost TANK HOSES AND ALL
THANKS ALOT
ANTHONY

anthony17

another thing i was looking at your website and ive noticed this alot on other tanks are you leaning all your LR against the back of your tank if so how do you clean the back of your tank or do you at all ??? always wondered about that :notsure:

wax32

I don't.

OK here is a cut and paste:
Tank 400, stand 250, MH 400, skimmer 250, custom made sump 100, eheim return 160, tunze stream 370, chiller 300, blueline closed loop pump 150, various hoses and pipes and valves and stuff 200
All this is rough, not exact. Maybe add another 200 bucks for rounding errors and stuff I've forgotten to mention. Shhh. Don't tell my wife.

wax32

I don't. That's what the 120 pounds of live rock are for. That and the skimmer is all you really need.