How many of you name your fish?

blennybabe

I'm just curious? how many of you name your fish? I never did until my boyfriend asked me if he could name my new fish. Now I have Bobo the clownfish, Blenny the blenny, *****fish (starts with a w and rhymes with shore) the neon goby because she gets around to everyone in the tank. H'Douvers (or however you spell it, dang french words..) the shrimp and sea bass the convict blenny. I tried to name my school of chrimis, but they kept moving to fast. I just want to know that im not alone in naming my fish. I made the mistake of letting my neighbor, 4 years old, name my damsel. his name is fishy t. thats short for fishy tank. hes a pretty original kid... anyway, i would be interested to know what everyone calls their fish...

S

sinner's girl

we name most our fish and some inverts. used to name them all, then his mom killed all the fish (i'll never forgive her). our clowns are angel and little bit. had a snail named "big bubba" but he was killed-he was eating the other snails.
when we first started when we let a fish loose in the tank he/she got a name. then we got smart and waited a few weeks to make sure the fish lived. got more attached to the ones we named.

piscesblue

I'm guilty of naming my fish, but only the ones with a distinguishable (sp?) personalitie. My Pygmy Angel is named "Blue", as in, Little Boy Blue. My 6-line Wrasse is named "Piggy", because he eats until his belly is about to pop and he kinda reminds me of the fat kid from "Lord of the Flies". My Red Scooter Blennie is named "Scooter", my Cleaner Shrimp is "Doc", and my Coral Banded Shrimp is "Lefty"(he once lost his right claw and the name stuck after it grew back). I know only a complete nerd would name his fish, so I'm glad to declare my nerdom to all of the geeks that actually took the time to find this board on the internet.
Blue:

Piggy:

Scooter:

fallen04

i use to name my fish a long time ago but i stopped doing that for some reason. now when i look in the tank during my weekly check i just look in and see how they are doing.

i agree with most because i wait a couple of weeks before naming my fish because if the die before then .. what's the point? so i have an emerald crab named: emerald and the only scarlet crab i have(i have other crabs but not of the same type) named: scarlet.. and my next door neighbor(7yrs old) named my shirmp BIG CLAWS and it stuck.. taht's cause he acts like jaws and moves arond the tank slowy until he finds sum poor hemit crab to devor and swiftly grabs it and runs out of sight... i am in need of still naming my two percula clowns....
Tombraider~

bang guy

Yellow Tang = Sunshine
Banggai Pair = Card-N-Al
Clownfish Pair = Krusty & Pococo
Coral Beauty = Jellybean
Flame Angel = Fireball
Chromis (5) = N'Sync
Mandarin Pair = Mr. & Mrs. Paisley
Foxface = Foxy
Giant Aiptasia = Monstro
Red Algae = Cousin It
Hard to imagine why a red algae would be called Cousin It so I'll share a picture. I have pictures of the rest too if anyone requests...

wrassecal

Yellow tang - buttercup
sixline wrasse - wrassecal
mandarine - Jimi (Hendrix)
royal gramma - Tinker Bell
Tomato clown - used to be Blossom now is B@#ch (cause that's what my husband says every time it bites his hand)
2 cleaners - Bubba Gump and Lt Dan
fire shrimp - whiskers
snails - booger, snot, slick etc (you get the picture
What's even worse is sometimes I create dialog for them when I'm watching them play. :rolleyes:

wannablkjc

I have Ima & Youra Clown (clownfish) Lawnmower (blenny) Scooter (blenny) my nephew named my Flame Hawk, The Rock, because of the eye browe, so staying with the wrestling theme I call the Hippo Tang, Triple H (Hungry Hungry Hippo) and Torch (flame angel) Last but not least Shorty (blood shrimp)

sterling007

When I set up my first tank, I got 3 yellow damsels to help cycle. The one that lived is "Rudy" from the Survivor show. My trigger is named "Ken", after my husband because he eats everthing in sight. Flame Angel is "Flame" (oh well), maroon clown is "Fluffy" :)

azrile

I am just starting my tank, and only have my one damsel in their. The LFS lady said if it survives, I should consider it a victory. So I named it Wynn
There is no doubt I will name all my fish as I enter them into the tank. Not so sure about the crustaceans, maybe the bigger ones.

susiepan

I named everything in my tank
Ming.....Tang
Flash and pyro.......Firefish
Gable......Clarki clown
Foo and choo......Mandarins..(Choo died)
Pepe'.......Cleaner shrimp
Patti.......
Peppermint shrimp
Zac....Domino
Tweety.....Canary Blenny
Scoot.....Scotter Blenny
Boo.......BiColor Blenny
Lenny and Sgiggy....Four Banded Damsels
Gordon......Lightfoot Crab
Vlassic....Knobby Cuke
Frazier.....Emerald Crab
Ali.....Anenome Crab
Berber......Carpet Anenome
Pearl Baily...Pearl or Curly=Q Anenome
Piper......Tube Anenome
I didnt name my Frogspawn, Pearl and Bubble Corals
Star polys.....Plate Coral...Mushrooms, Chili Corals..or my snails...or Toadstool.
~Susie
;)

kuyales

i think we all name our fish.....in my 10gal sw...i have 2 percula clownfish...i named the girl percy and my girlfriend named the boy creamsickle....she is really creative...heheeh...and in my 125gal freshwater..we have big red devil, middle red devil, and small red devil. also big a** sucker (pleco)...and luke's fish (luke is my brother who bought me a fish)...which do you think is the best name?? heheh..

M

marcandkelly

Pair of Clarkiis: Herman and Lilly Munster.
Betta fish: Fargo and Hobbins.