How much fish is to much fish?

why dont you just ask the fish how they are doing? is that so hard? geese, you people are so lazy. if the tangs say that they need some more swimming room then get a bigger tank or get rid of them. thats what i did with my fish when i think they have a problem. i had to stack my LR four different ways until they said they were happy. if they dont reply when you ask them then obvously they are trying to ignore you and there is a problem.

Originally posted by moopiespoo
How can they swim? Comfortable? I also would like to see a picture, just out of curiosity. No body is trying to flame you btw, it just seems you got some terrible advice as to whats approriate stocking. Which fish is your favorite? Keep it, unless it's the ray it definatly cannot survive (thrive) in your tank. Keep 1 tang only. I belive the general rule is 1'' of fish per 5 gallon, at least thats what I try to go by.

I spoke to someone who works at a fish store and they told me I can have from 15-18 fish (depending on the size) The biggest fish I have is the ray. But he has plenty of room to move around (I guess).

I going to see if I can get around to posting a picture soon so that maybe by seeing the pic it might be easier to see the conditions the fish are in.

stumpdog

trouble-
I understand that the LFS sent you down the wrong path, however it is the wrong path. Take a step back and do some reading on your own. This many fish in a 75 gallon will eventually lead to a dismal death for them. I hope everything works out for you, but don't be afraid to admit you were steered in the wrong direction and correct the problem.
Tanks-
Jeremy

P

puffygrrl

I always like the phrase:
There's a big difference between SURVIVE and THRIVE
Sure a German Shepard can survive it's life in a closet...

moopiespoo

Originally posted by InigoMontoya
Moopiespoo - from this post you are obviously very patient and rational. You must be such a good Mommy and caretaker! I assume people that post questions here are in need of helpful advice, and they appreciate sensitivity. :)
Paula

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not:confused: But if you weren't, thanks but I holler and lose patience with my kids just like the rest of them;)
Troubledfemale, Unfortunatly, just because someone works at a fish store, that doesn't mean they know what their talking about. But they did say "depending on size". 75% of your fish are considered large fish that need alot of swimming room. Did the employee at the LFS tell you that these fish would be ok for your tank?