How much $$ have you dished out? (so far)

farmboy

Too fast - too furious - too much - to count (without crying)
Just enjoy the tank!
P.S. I'm reminded of those signs showing a horse eating money. . . Seems appropriate here as well.---yes we have a horse, too!

coralcrazy

55gSW, I take it hurricane insurance does not cover anything in your tank!! That is awful, I never even had thought of something like that!! Good luck with starting things up again.

who dey

just hit the $3,400 mark
by the way my powderblue tang had his 3 week birthday today and is doing well! everybody sing!!!! :joy: :happy:

hermitkrab

Hmmm... say about $1,500 for a 40 gallon tank. That's with my crappy 36 watt lights I have. Plus I have to get two 150 watt MHs, new fuge (needs to be bigger), oh and maybe some coral and fish when I get around to it, lol... Now how many people can say they spend $2,000 on a pet and they don't even have the pet yet, lol!

todd5050

I am at $2000 and I don't even have water in it, yet. I am putting together a 150 gallon in the wall in the rec room. Add another $600 in rock and sand and still no fish!!!!

stessman

On my 38gl in 1 year id say ive put between $1,000-$2,000 in to it. I would to be able to put my whole pay check into it every week. (my wife dissagrees)

R

red79

I have a 3 month old 55 gallon and I've spent atleast 3,000 or more. That's including all of the ick med and fish replacements.
I think I want a bigger tank though so I'm done spending on this one. :D

feixjai

more than 200 with only 3 fish 7 pound live rock, and equpiment. plus other saltwater fish that passed away

rainmaker6

28G tank - free
Green Spotted Puffer - free
Sanders skimmer - $80
heater - $50
Aqua Clear 300 filter - $80
Red Sea salt mix 200G - $60 x2 so far
3 Stripe Damsel - $15 x2
Lawnmower Blenny - $35
Bi-color blenny - $35
Crushed coral substrate - $40
Lights - $130
Cost to upgrade tank to suitable size to house fish, add live sand, live rock, sump, more efficient skimmer, better lights, etc., estimated $1500-2000.
All prices in Canadian pesos.

anonome

I got my 46 gallon bowfront with all the necessities to start a fish only salt tank at a yard sale for $240.00. Then you see the other tanks out there and that fish only tank went out the window. I have to say my "bargain" tank has already cost me $2,500 easy. I just don't know when to stop :D I already have plans to buy a 72gal. bowfront!!! I have seriously been bitten by the saltwater bug. :happyfish But I have to agree with everyone out there.....sitting in front of the tank after a hard day at work...priceless. My life would truely not be the same without it!!!