How Much is LR at ur LFS

mudplayerx

Don't forget you guys need to say what type of live rock along with the price per pount... where the rock was gathered from impacts price. My above comment was for fiji rock.

norcal

where you get it for that price exile? i live in santa rosa and need to get some soon, let me know where you get it for and if it is good quality.

bacffin

I bought my premium Fiji lr online for $3.96 per lb. and couldn't have been happier. My lfs(s) wanted anywhere from $4.99 to $10.99 per lb. Even with the quantity discounts, they could not come close to the online price. :)

paintballa

ya i was thinking about getting some live rock online, but there are two problems
1. the rock you get can be too large or too small for your tank, u dont get to pick it
2. the shipping is a lot. (If there is anyone in georgia that is willing to buy some lr off of the "famouse auction site", please contact me and we can split the shipping.

E

exile415

Originally Posted by norcal
where you get it for that price exile? i live in santa rosa and need to get some soon, let me know where you get it for and if it is good quality.
Hey Norcal. I guess it is in good quality. Since you live in santa rosa. maybe you can drive down to San Francisco. There are a few Fish stores around here. 6th Ave Aquarium,Nippon & Tropical Reef Aquarium. The ladys really nice that works at tropical reef aquarium. She gives you a big discount. Get a entertainment book and you can save tons on fish and more. I bought one and got a 20% off discount.
I bought 55 LBS with the 20% off and she gave me a nice big discount for my LS.
If your intrested The adress is 1732 Taraval Street (between 27th-28th Ave)
Sanf Francisco, Ca 94116
Open til 8oclock i think. I don't know when it opens.
If your intreseted in fish only. Theres another store in SF that has a 50% off bag sale.
Clement Street, ( between 6th & 7th ave.) Flowers in front too so you can grab some for your wife.
Very cheap I would say. lions for $13. Clown Triggers for 22 and a lot more.

norcal

thanks exile. i went to 6th avenue one time. they have tonsssssssssss of stuff there. i am a little worried about their fish tho, they are pretty crowded and i saw some dead fish in a couple of the tanks. have you bought any fish there? im sure if i just qt the fish first it would be safe....cant go wrong at their low prices!! what days do they have the bag sales? also do you know how much their live rock is. thanks for the info, and yeah ill definetly have to check out the other place, sounds like a winner. :D

snipe

$7 a pound here. But my good friend the internet can get it for around $4.50 per pound "shipped" lol.

nyyankeees

There are alot of great deals on an internet aution site we all know and love. That's where I got my LS and LR. I paid like 78.00 for 20lbs Ls and 10lbs LR total, that includes shiping too. Just make sure the seller you choose has alot of positive feedback from previous buyers. :yes:

fatboyjoe

What i did to save some money, I got 150 lbs of hawaian base rock for $2.00lbs shipped. and seeded it with 50lbs live rock fiji $1.50lbs from classifieds, people are allways breaking down there tanks. look on famous auction site, do a search locally, to save on shipping. good luck.

hermitkrab

All the places around here have liverock but it's a rip off and is expensive, that's why I never bought their's, lol. Hey Speg that rock where you get it sounds cool. what colors are the x-mas tree worms? I would mind a few punds of that stuff...

paintballa

NYyankeees, do u have any left over live rock or sand? or are you goin to buy some lr or ls online soon.
also, there is a lot of exess waste on/in my sand and i was wondering if i need to change the sand

nyyankeees

nah no left over, I only have a 12G nano cube, so I'm not buying anymore either. Do you want the link to where I got mine if so , post your e-mail address and i'll send it to you.

snipe

Hey speg email me my email is located under my Location right below the Join Date and above the Post #.

stessman

Live rock at the local FS here are around $8-15.00 a lb but some places have some really nice looking rock.