How often do you feed your BTA

small triggers

i feed my 3 GBTA only about once a week if even that. It started at one that got up to about a foot across then split and then the one that split, split again. and now i can t kill them mo matter how i try (other than cutting them out)

alexknight

I feed my LTA's once a week ( not bleached ) my BTA that is bleached I feed every other day. I think why people feed anemones so heavily is that they want them to grow fast/ split.

I am of the school of thought that less is more if you have intense lighting or not. I don't feed mine purposely. They are opportunistic and will catch a snack or the clowns will drop something for them. Anemones use a great amount of energy trying to consume food, digest food and expel waste . Overfeeding is just as harmful as not feeding enough. Even if you don't have strong lighting always give them tiny pieces of food no matter how many times you decide to feed.

maryg

I feed once a week if I do not notice the Clarkii's feeding them. They take real good care of their anenomes. If I feed the tank they always grab a larger piece of food for the anenome.
If I don't see them feeding them I give them some mysis or small pieces of chopped up fresh shrimp. Mine are HUGE! Sometimes less is more. I don't like feeding with silversides. They are nasty smelling and too big for their mouths plus they have small bones and stuff. I think that smaller, softer pieces are better IMO.