how old is your oldest fish? poll...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by NM reef
Hmmmmm.....currently my regal tang (hippo) aka Jessie James...........about 3 years now.

Wow...that is some pretty Dory, NMReef!

chipmaker

Well I know my neon goby is a baby yet as he is only about 3/4" long at the most, and for the rest of them, heck, they did not even come with a "green card" yet alone a birth certificate! So I sure could not even begin to say how old they are.......but I have had them a few months already.

natclanwy

Don't laugh but I have 6 Mollies in my salt water tank that are about 3 years old and they have made the transition from fresh water to salt, back to fresh, and then salt again.

czone13

my freind has a batfish that is 6 1/2 years old along with a hermit that is 8 years old and this hermit is bigger than a softball and a lil smaller than a childrens soccor ball!! its crazzzzy

jeffro63

in my fresh water tank i have a pleco that i bought 3 days after my daughter was born ( her birthday is halloween, she'll be be 17 next week ) in my salt water tank my my oldest fish is a pair of clowns that were my first fish, they'll be two years in feb.

sterling007

My wrasse, angel, sailfin tang, 2 damsels and maroon clown are going on 4 years. My anthias are going on about 2 years.

A

arbados

I have my maroon clownfish for 2 1/2 years since the beginning of my tank. If she goes I would be devasted! I wonder how long they live! She is huge!

youngladie

It is fw and a betta for 3 years really old for a betta!!!!!!!!! It was my first fish (other than the carnival fish my nephew brought me home that lasted a what.....night maybe)

55gsw

For me it's my ocellaris clown (female) at a little over 5 years and my yellow tang at just 5 years this month. On the FW side it's my blood parrot at 4 years but I did have a mated pair of marble angels and I had them for almost 8 years before they died - but, I don't know exactly how old they were as they were adults when I bought them.

marksgirl

Mine would have to be my pair of true percs, they will be 2 years in Feb:) They were my first fish have survived a move and a run-in with the "demon damsel"... a green chromis that tried to kill everything!!!
~Marks Girl

saltjunkie

2 Scooter Blennies,
2 Engineer Gobies,
2 Maroon Clowns,
1 Yellow Tang,
1 Kole Tang,
1 Bangaii Cardinal,
I've had all of these for 1.5 years now!

aw2

8 year old Volitan Lion and an 11 year old female Hawaiian Dragon
I had a freshwater Arrowhead/Pig Faced Puffer for 7 years but he finally passed away a few months ago.

mrdc

Originally Posted by flamehawk
It's actually a frshwater tropheus african chiclid that I've had for 8 years. As far saltwater...the longest was powder blue which I had for about 5 years (sad when he died of ich) and now my longest is my majestic angel which i have had for about 3 1/2 years or so.

Late on this post but was looking for something on Regal Tangs and had to reply. My tropheus african chiclid is also 8 years old. He's not looking so good now so I don't expect to see 9. Everything in saltwater tank is < 4 months old.