How to get saltwater at 1.25 specific gravity?

ironious

I bought an algae culture to feed to my brine shrimp. Im supposed to make a container of saltwater at 1.25 specific gravity. I want to have a total of 24oz. How much salt by weight should I add? I guess thats about 35ppm. I have a ppm calculator and it says to use .024 grams but that doesnt seem right.

mr. limpid

So are you feeding brian shrimp, I would use bakers yeast, wheat flour, soybean powder, egg yolk, cheeper than algae culture. But to answer your question do a water change to your DT and use the disgarded water for your brian shrimp. If your tank is lower than 1.026 than just add salt til you get there.

ironious

Well I dont have a DT and I dont know what that is. Im actually feeding some genuine sea monkeys that Ive been growing for a few years now and thought it would be fun to feed them real live algae. I already bought and received the culture in the mail so there's no turning back now. I actually reposted this in the proper part of the forum and got the details on how to do it. Thanks though.

bang guy

Add 2 tablespoonfuls of salt to 32 ounces of water.
Do not use table salt. You will need aquarium salt designed for saltwater aquariums to grow saltwater algae.