***how You Feel About Eating Fish/sea Creatures-post Here***

uberlink

Originally Posted by FIshman72B
I just thought i would start this thread so we could all SEA how other feel about eating fish/sea creatures.
in my personal opinion i could never, i love them too much to do such a horrible thing.. plus they are our pets..why!? what do you think?
This would include fish,shrimp,haddock..etc etc

Of course I eat seafood. And once I get this baby up and running, I'll have a constant source of fresh grouper and haddock. :hilarious

dmcrete

i lost my job, the wife got fired, i lost all my toys to creditors,my dogs ran away, its christmas here with no tree, and my aquarium is almost up to eatable size , i too love my CRITTERS!!!! i honestly shed a tear each bite i take

michelle l

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE seafood. I don't care for lobster or scallops, but I love shrimp, flounder, crab, etc. I can't do sushi either...the idea of eating raw fish makes me want to barf.
But many...well, almost every time I eat it, I get a stab of guilt as I think of how we are depleting the oceans of these creatures due to mass fishing. Think about it. Millions of people eat seafood at a rate that they can't possibly reproduce fast enough to replenish. It's not like we can tank-raise a majority of what restaraunts serve. On our anniversary, my husband ordered blue marlin for dinner because he thought it would be cool to eat one. I haven't let him forget it ever since........

I can see myself someday foregoing seafood due to the fact that I feel guilty about driving certain groups of crusteceans or fish closer to endangerment. Until then, please pass the cocktail sauce.

yimmy

I love meat but don't like sea food. I was in Maine with my mom and dad when I was 7 and they wanted to get me hooked on seafood. So they took some haddock and had it covered in bread crums and they said it was chicken haddock. I absolutely loved it. 2days later we had the same thing and they told me it was haddock, it sucked, I hate seafood but I do like crab cakes

harndog

I think I like about everykind of seafood there is. I will try anything once. That being said my Tanks are off limits. Although I have heard Panther Groupers are some of the best fish you can eat :thinking: :thinking: just got the 175 up and going LFS has a big one for sale :thinking: :thinking: just joking lol
As for the vegitarian thing most of the protiens you get in those powder blend has animal bi product in them Dried whey is the main ingrediate. To each their own but G_d gave us the tools to eat meat so therefore I must eat meat
Plus raising show animals and growing up on a farm I have first hand experience with what Animal protien compared to plant protien can do for ones muscle and bone structure. At least in the farm animals and in humans as well. You don't see to many body builders/ ball players/ or track stars who don't eat meat.

ams153

i cant stand the tast of fish.. but hey i got cows and pigs.. and i love bacon and steaks and hamburgers lol

fishieness

this is how i looke at it...... do i love my fish? yes. do i love seafood? yes. I dont understand why people wont eat any type of fish like flounder just because they have a little clown fish. This is how i see it. You have a pet dog, but you will eat a cow. You will eat an animal that is in the same order as your dog. Mamilia. But you will not eat an animal (flouder or anything else) that is in the same order as your clown fish. Same thing for shrimp. You will eat and have pets in the mamilia order, but not crustaceana?
i went our for sushi with my girlfriend last night

aredmon

I hate the taste of fish or practicly anything that comes out of the water. Not just because I like SWF but I personaly don't like the taste of any of it.

puffer24/7

there is truly nothing better to eat than a well prepared jewfish or wahoo, i used to eat jewfish all the time from a place down in the keys it was like a special order thing and no one knew about it except the locals but eventually the place got shut down