Humming bird building nest!!

scotts

There was one outside of my wife's office. It had three sets of babies last year so don't go messing around with that nest when the babies leave it.

camfish

Wow, aren't you lucky. You are like an animal magnet. Keep us updated. I remember having a few birds lay eggs in my treehouse-rip once. My friend's brother came over and shook a few of the eggs because he "wanted to see if he could hear what was inside.
"
One hatched though and it stuck around my house all through it's growing up days. It was pretty cool, I wonder if it ever had kids of it's own.
Post picks of the babies if you can. I have a hungry curiousity as to what the little things will look like.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by camfish
http:///forum/post/2942509
Wow, aren't you lucky. You are like an animal magnet. Keep us updated. I remember having a few birds lay eggs in my treehouse-rip once. My friend's brother came over and shook a few of the eggs because he "wanted to see if he could hear what was inside.
"
One hatched though and it stuck around my house all through it's growing up days. It was pretty cool, I wonder if it ever had kids of it's own.
Post picks of the babies if you can. I have a hungry curiousity as to what the little things will look like.
LOL I know a few other nests. Blue jay, this humming bird, mockingbird, and a few finches.

Nice!!
I'll try. But the humming bird doesn't leave for long at all.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2942520
LOL I know a few other nests. Blue jay, this humming bird, mockingbird, and a few finches.

Nice!!
I'll try. But the humming bird doesn't leave for long at all.
Please be careful. I've found that Hummingbird parent vigerously protect their nests. Similar to Damsels

I have the scar to prove it....

dcoyle11

nice.... i too love humming birds.. i can hand feed mine in the summer.. just take the feeder off the hanger and hold it in my hand near the same spot.. it takes a few tries but they come in... never seen them build a nest before... great shots...

oceansidefish

My aunt has this happen a few times a year on her patio...Its fun to name them every year. We use all H's to name them. Just a few pointers.
1. Don't disturb or touch the nest, the mother may abandon them
2. Don't be surprised if one falls out trying to fly, usually one does. I just make a little area of small leafs and things for it to hop around on. It will fly away.
3. Once they find a place they like they will keep coming back.