Hunting Rifle

fender

They tend to be a little faster if you need a follow up shot. A bolt can be a little tricky. I like them when I am in the brush on the ground. Mostly a preference thing. Last time I went hunting was with a single shot sluggun and I managed to get a second shell ready to go pretty fast although I didn't need it.

sig45

i would say thats true with the 30-30, but if you hit that pig with a.270 or in my case a 30.06 that pig is going down.

sig45

besides if you miss theres always option 2, running and yelling at the pig with your side arm cocked and loaded, praying for the best.

fender

Originally Posted by shogun323
~Sears and Robucks .22 - (was my dad's as a kid for hunting quayle, I dont shoot this one either)
I've got one of those. I could drive tacks with it as a kid. Amazing how things change. The idea of Sears making/selling/branding a firearm now seems hard to believe.

hot883

Originally Posted by seannmelly
5 deer legally...........hmmm what state you hunting in i have to go there. anyways nice buck
Thanks. Our legal limit is 7
2- archery
2-primative (blk powder)
2-gun
1- bonus doe
No more than 3 antlered.

hot883

Originally Posted by fender
I've got one of those. I could drive tacks with it as a kid. Amazing how things change. The idea of Sears making/selling/branding a firearm now seems hard to believe.
Really. I have my father-in-laws M1 .30 carbine that sears sold 30-40 years ago.

kmc

and from what I'm hearing even Wal-Mart is bowing to the pressure and getting out of the gun business.

sig45

its true, i was in wall mart the other day buying some ammo and all of there gun cases were gone. a few weeks ago they had shotguns and rifles.

hot883

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I'm suprised no one has brought up the shoulder bruising .303 british yet.
I have a mint condition 1954. All matching serial numbers, bolt, breech, scabbord, bayonet etc. Never fired until I bought it. Paid $300 new and bought 4 of them and gave them to my brothers and my dad. I put a synthetic stock and a "b-square" scope mount. It is actually my favorite deer rifle.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by hot883
I have a mint condition 1954. All matching serial numbers, bolt, breech, scabbord, bayonet etc. Never fired until I bought it. Paid $300 new and bought 4 of them and gave them to my brothers and my dad. I put a synthetic stock and a "b-square" scope mount. It is actually my favorite deer rifle.
I hope you saved the old stock for the future when you retire the gun, they are very nice guns.

shogun323

Originally Posted by hot883
Wade, I bought a CZ model 555 .30-06 today. You can look up one on gunbroker dot com
Barry, Is that 2 rifles in a week? You just got a .22!! That is great!! I guess all the extra money your not spending on Copenhagen has to go somewhere!

ol'salty

Good choice with the .270. The only issue is it isn't a good brush gun. The velocity is so high it can be thrown off by a twig. If you use a heavier bullet, you might be able to punch through if the hog is close to the brush. You might want to pick up a pump or semi-auto shotgun from walmart or off the classified for the hog hunting. You just can't beat a slug or buckshot for the thick brush. Also, those Keltec's are awesome. I say this and i carry a Glock. You can even get a clip for it (like a pocket knife clip) and it just clips on your pocket and looks like a pocket knife. It is also really light. You really can't tell it's in your pocket. The friggin clip (loaded) weighs more than the gun itself. I would recommend anyone at least go to the gunshop and check it out...

shogun323

Originally Posted by ol'salty
Also, those Keltec's are awesome. I say this and i carry a Glock. You can even get a clip for it (like a pocket knife clip) and it just clips on your pocket and looks like a pocket knife. It is also really light. You really can't tell it's in your pocket. The friggin clip (loaded) weighs more than the gun itself. I would recommend anyone at least go to the gunshop and check it out...
I am excited about the Keltec. It feels great in my hand given its size. I am planning to head to the range this evening to test it out. I am planning on picking up the beltclip too.
It seemed everyone working the booths at the gunshow had one in their pocket. They were all pleased with it. Also, I read through the manual last night and was pleased to learn that Keltec gives a lifetime warranty!!

hot883

Very nice socal57. Cali. has some screwed up laws thats for sure. Barry
Oh Wade, ya it's 2 in a week.

dual45s

I swear by my .30-06 Model 70, but I'm originally from Wisconsin, never had an opportunity to go for boar. Sounds like a great time.

shogun323

So as I mentioned my Winchester Model 70 .270 came with a scope. Here is the thing though. I don't know what brand it is. It's a 3-9x50 and says boresighter on the front. From what I can find boresighter isn't a brand. Hopefully one of yall can help me identify it. Here is a pic of the logo.
I wonder if it was made by freemasons?