Hunting Rifle

hot883

Originally Posted by trainfever
Yo Barry, read my profile. lol
Thats good to know. Or maybe bad for me as I am a gun junkie. :cheer: Barry

hot883

Originally Posted by trainfever
ME to, I never met a gun I didnt like. LOL
It's a sickness. When we moved from California to Hawaii the mover that inventoried my guns with my wife (I was in Japan) told her that he had only moved one other person with more guns and that he was a Secret Service agent that gaurded Pres. Ford. I only had 23 guns at the time. I have since narrowed my collection/selection down quite a bit since then.

shogun323

Originally Posted by hot883
Wade, I bought another one today.
I picked up a Henry "Goldenboy" in .22 caliber that will accomadate .22s,.22l,.22lr. lever action.
barry
How funny. I just picked up my Springfield Armory XD-9 today. I actually purchased it Saturday. Also, took a CWP class on Sunday. It was great!!! Shot 200 rounds for the course. Intstructor is a friend of my family. Retired Army Major 20 years of service. 2 tours in Nam. Also, 20 years as a LEO including SWAT instructor. The class was 10 hours and had a highly tactical approach. I loved every minute of it!!!!!

hot883

Originally Posted by shogun323
How funny. I just picked up my Springfield Armory XD-9 today. I actually purchased it Saturday. Also, took a CWP class on Sunday. It was great!!! Shot 200 rounds for the course. Intstructor is a friend of my family. Retired Army Major 20 years of service. 2 tours in Nam. Also, 20 years as a LEO including SWAT instructor. The class was 10 hours and had a highly tactical approach. I loved every minute of it!!!!!
Nothing like squeezing some off. I loved being on the rifle team in Hawaii. I worked at the range was:
Primary Marksmanship Instructor
Line NCO
Pit NCO
Pitts Master
coach
All I had to do was shoot the morning relays and then the rest of the day was ours. The team would assemble, go to the ammo supply, sign for a crate of .45 or 9mm and go blow rounds. Shot so many we would have a brass sweep. Totally awesome.
Wade, love the SA xd's.

shogun323

Nothing like squeezing some off. I loved being on the rifle team in Hawaii. I worked at the range was:
Primary Marksmanship Instructor
Line NCO
Pit NCO
Pitts Master
coach
All I had to do was shoot the morning relays and then the rest of the day was ours. The team would assemble, go to the ammo supply, sign for a crate of .45 or 9mm and go blow rounds. Shot so many we would have a brass sweep. Totally awesome.
Wade, love the SA xd's.

Wow Barry. That sounds like a good time over there in Hawaii. Between all the shootin, hog hunts and beautiful scenery it must have been hard to leave! That is quite the resume. What is your farthest shot?

hot883

We held 600 yrd line matches all the time. Once in awhile we would do the 1,000 yard matches with the M-14 (M1A1). Super fun to shoot someone I mean something at almost 1/2 mile. Barry

shogun323

We held 600 yrd line matches all the time. Once in awhile we would do the 1,000 yard matches with the M-14 (M1A1). Super fun to shoot someone I mean something at almost 1/2 mile. Barry
(insert jaw dropping smiley here) That is awesome.

trainfever

It's a sickness. When we moved from California to Hawaii the mover that inventoried my guns with my wife (I was in Japan) told her that he had only moved one other person with more guns and that he was a Secret Service agent that gaurded Pres. Ford. I only had 23 guns at the time. I have since narrowed my collection/selection down quite a bit since then.
Ha Ha! I have twice that amount and still looking for more. Then again, its easy when you build them yourself. LOL

hot883

(insert jaw dropping smiley here) That is awesome.

It's not that big a deal when properly trained and have match grade weapons at your disposal. 50 yrd line matches (one handed stance) with the .45 is alot of fun. Won my Gold medal with the 9mm M9 Barreta in Hawaii in the early 90's.

shogun323

It's not that big a deal when properly trained and have match grade weapons at your disposal. 50 yrd line matches (one handed stance) with the .45 is alot of fun. Won my Gold medal with the 9mm M9 Barreta in Hawaii in the early 90's.
Cool. Sounds like I will have to head up to Hunter, OK for some training then!!!

hot883

Cool. Sounds like I will have to head up to Hunter, OK for some training then!!!
Head on up. HA!

hot883

One of the best training schools I attended was at the S.A.W.I.C. (small arms weapons instructor course) in Quantico. man we shot alot of rounds.

usmc6026

going to the range tomorrow(weather permitting) daughter is training to shoot on my Marine Corps League rifle team. she also shoots my AR-50! guys at the range freak out when she hits golf balls with it.