I am such a dork. But, how many of you try and impress opposite sex with your reefs?

david s

I have never tryed kinda hard considering I am married and my wife wouldnt apreciate it lol:D
ps I think my wife loves the tank more than me I know she picked more corals and fish than I did :D

wrassecal

A tank would have definately impressed me...but guys please don't turn this into another one of those "my wife hates the time I spend with my tank etc" threads. In my family both my husband and myself are very involved with the tank and each other:D Our whole family is into it and it's a great hobby for single guys, single gals and us married folks:)

melissa v.

I agree it is a great hobby for all, but some woman/men just do not get it, and /or get really jealous of the time their spouse spends with the tank, but i gave my a friend of mine the same advice that i gave to these guys and his wife actually "got into the whole tank idea" and asked him to upgrade to a bigger tank (he already had a 55) he thought he had died and gone to heaven, and all it took was a little romance on his part. even if you don't think it is romantic, if you tell her it is she will believe it, she really dosn't want to fight you on this issue, you just have to get her involved and ask her advice, if nothing else ask her the next time you are rearranging the coral where she thinks you should put it, sometimes it just takes a little something to get her involved.
after all I DID NOT LIKE TANKS WHEN MY HUSBAND GOT ONE AND I RESENTED THE FACT OF HOW MUCH TIME HE WENT TO FISH STORES AND SPENT WITH THE TANK , AND ALL HE DID ONE DAY WAS ASK ME WHERE I THOUGHT A CORAL SHOULD GO AND I TOLD HIM AND HE PUT IT WHERE I TOLD HIM TO THEN @@BAM@@ I WAS HOOKED, I WANTED TO FIND MORE CORAL FOR THAT "LITTLE CORNER OVER THERE" NOW I AM MORE INVOLVED THAN HE IS -- I AM THE ONE SUGGESTING WE GO TO THE LFS TO PURCHASE MORE ITEMS.
GIVE IT A TRY GUY'S YOU MIGHT BE VERY, VERY, SURPRISED
MELISSA v.

perchpsk

Lines like wanna see my puffer, it that a hard or soft coral, nice shrimp, and its salty now have a whole new meaning...

jackief1

My husband doesn't say much about my tank since he is in the military and only comes twice a year, if I am lucky! I guess, in a way, since my husband is gone all the time and my kids are grown and have lives of their own, they give me hours of enjoyment (no snickering here, it's not weird or anything)! lol, now that is a little weird I guess, but i much prefer their company to some of the STRANGE people I have met out there! lol! ;)

bdubbya

I've heard that works very well. Now if only I actually talked to women.:rolleyes: Maybe I'm just self conscious about whether or not my tank is big enough:p

rane

All you guys that have understanding wifes are really lucky, my wife hates it, she is constantly reminding me how much I have spent on it and how many of my fish died when I first staretd in this hobby, she tells me we could have put down payments on 2 houses, now I just cut the price in at least half when she asks how much I spent...LOL

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I try to impress everyone! Don't care who it is! As a matter of fact, since I got a digital camera, I'm going to make some nice pics of my tank [as soon as I figure out how to size them down to letter paper size], frame them, and hang them in my office at work.
You think I might get a husband out of this??? :p

sammystingray

OF COURSE I use the tank!!! what? I'm suppose to get by on personality alone??:D :D Really, my fiancee is just as into it as me...CheerFlip1, I'm sure the cheerleader outfit would have worked MUCH better...
;) ;) :p :D

hairtrigger

Ahahahahah, I really am a huge dork. I love it! :D
No no, women, please don't get offended by this. Keep in mind, you folks can be deviants too by trying to trap some unsuspecting male. :eek:
But this is funny, I never expected this many votes. I was just bored at work.
Haahahaha... wanna see my puffer? :D Actually... most girls I know loved my old porcupine puffer. "oooo, he's so cute. Look at his big blue eyes."
Then I say.... "what about MY big brown eyes."
Their reply: "Yeah, so dark brown and big cause you're so full of sh**." :D
And sammmy.... did you say cheerleader outfit?
Do you think one of those would work for me? :D :eek: :D

jackief1

WOMEN TRAPPING MALES?!?!?!?
come on ht, you know that is an old wives tale and an excuse men use when they don't want to admit they are the ones who did the trapping with their sneaky ways of "not needing a woman"! roflmao!!! :p

fishkiller

HAIRTRIGGER- Dude- You are gay. You don't like girls I thought.............. LOL!!!!!!!!!! GOD I know you are freakin' the F#%K OUT NOW!!!! LOL. People, you don't know how bad he freaks when you do that!! I did that when he was hitting on this one chic at the LFS. I came up and was like "what him? He's not hitting on you, he's gay"... Oh man did he wig! heh heh heh.... Ahhh, good stuff good stuff........ Anywayz, just thought I would jump in and piss you off real quick.... Oh, call me when you read this. I'm in class from 1:45-4:45, so DON'T CALL AT THAT TIME!! By the way, I can't answer your survey because I don't bring girls into my bedroom. Now my fiance..... She may........:eek: ;)

scotts

J44 - I caught onto that as well. She might want to rephrase that.:eek:
Sammy - You may impress girls with your show tank, but what about your ugly tank in your bedroom? :eek: You must stay out in the living room. :p ;)
HT - Big tank? are you compensating for something?:p
Scott

hairtrigger

FOR THE RECORD EVERYONE:
DON'T LISTEN TO FISH KILLER.
I AM NOT A PARTICIPANT IN AN ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE.
Just not my thing. That's all I'm saying.
And fishkiller doesn't like women. He forgot to mention that his finace is a male border collie named Chip. And the only female Chip will be bringing to bed with them is a Huskie named Ariel. :eek:
Besides that, the only things that have been in his bed are fleas and a couple of children. KIDDING KIDDING. I forsee this post getting edited. Whew. :D
And no Scotts, my tank doesn't compensate for anything. I just like big tanks.
The big truck I drive is the compensator. :D So is the nine foot whip antenna on it. Oooooooo.... you said nine foot. :eek:

hairtrigger

PS--
jackie... I've seen some hunting women. They're called cougars, heh heh. Older women who like younger guys. :D

jackief1

lol....Maybe so but when you get to the "middle-ages" like myself, you realize most men are more trouble than they are worth (jk) especially after you have picked up your 993rd pair of boxers, etc., off the floor! lol
That whole aspect was supposed to get better when my husband started being gone so much with the military but then HIS son (ok, he's mine too but when I have to pick up after him, I don't claim him anymore) starts taking up all his bad habits, well, that really stinks!!
Teenagers!!!!! ack!
:p

fishkiller

OK, yes I like women..... A LOT!! Maybe a little too much... heh heh heh....:cool: I love my dogs too, and yes they sleep on my bed w/ me and my FEMALE fiance. NOW DON'T GO GETTING ALL PRO-GAY ON ME, but like HT said- just aint my thing. Now hairtrigger, beastiality is his classroom. He REALLY likes his dog- knowutimean? j/k---
Ok, that's enough. Your right, I bet this thread won't be around for too much longer..