I can't find a job ANYWHERE.

sickboy

Just keep lookin! I finally got a job today. I started to worry there for a minute, but keep applying...you'll find something.

socal57che

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/2960822
Um...I definitely want to work.
I just searched the List of Craig and there were 375 listings for Los Angeles posted today and it's only 1pm.

Same list for Santa Barbara yielded 100 posts. That's your back yard.

oceansidefish

I don't mean this to sound the wrong way.... Do you know HOW to look for a job? I mean it sounds trivial but there really is a trick to it. Have you gone to staffing agencys? set up accounts for postings online??? There are ALOT of jobs up there.

jackri

People probably don't want to hear this.. but if your broke and NEED job, there are plenty out there... just might not be where you want to work especially for very long. The good jobs take time, wife applied 3 places -- very smart computer programmer and 3 months go by... she's all upset as she hated where she was at... then one hired her.. next day the other 2 called but took literally months.
If I was broke and hungry I'd be working 2-3 part time crappy jobs but I am VERY thankful I never had to.

spiderwoman

It might not be a bad idea to visit your local Chamber of Commerce and see if they know anything. I'm a member of my local CC and our CC staff seems to know what's going on with their member companies.

K

kikithemermaid

So far I've applied for 26 jobs here in SB...guess I need more.
Socal, don't need your attitude. I use craigslist, thanks. You don't live IN Santa Barbara, nor do you know my personal life.
And yes, I know how to look for a job, of course.