i can't wait

btwk12

so i am ordering my new lights in 8 days, and like the title says i can't wait!!! i am getting the aqua illumination sol blue fixture. i still don't know if im getting 2 or 3 of them. i have been doing a lot of research on them and some say 2 will be good, and some say i need 3. so i emailed AI and i am waiting to see what they reccomend.

1guydude

wat size is ur tank? Ive seen these in person and boy o boy.....NICE they are! U can program em to do watever too....thunderstorms, dimming auto and shiz!
This person had 2 over a 75 gal....they were width way not length!
LOL meowzer all i could say was, "man thats $1000 sitting above ur tank"! LOL
The other guys like...."kool as hell, turn on the all blues"! When he did...his stuff was glowing like the 4th!
Needless to say they are a very nice LED fixture and for the size they pack a punch!

sparty059

Yeah, those are night lights. I emailed them when I was in thethose as well and they suggested I buy four for my tank. I have a 150 gallon. Everything I read said I would be fine with three though. I decided to hold off and just bought t5ho instead. However, they'll probably recommend three to you, but I'm pretty confident you'll be able to get away with two... You might just have some low lit parts on the side. But nothing that low light corals can't handle.

btwk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/387333/i-can-t-wait#post_3407457
WOW...they are a bit high...LOL....
i know but i have seen a lot of diy threads and it looks like a big pita, people say it's easy, but them same people when done had a HUGE mess of wires. and it didn't look proffesional at all. and i don't have a canopy so i want them to look as clean as possible hanging from my ceiling.

btwk12

my tank foot print is 72''x18'' with 1 center brace. so im pretty sure im going to just get 2 and run them the length of the tank, not the width. i read some where that they cover a 30''x20'' so i will just raise them to my needs. im switching from a 6 bulb t-5 fixture, and i've also read that at 40% it will prob be as strong or stronger than what i have now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/387333/i-can-t-wait#post_3407487
wat size is ur tank? Ive seen these in person and boy o boy.....NICE they are! U can program em to do watever too....thunderstorms, dimming auto and shiz!
This person had 2 over a 75 gal....they were width way not length!
LOL meowzer all i could say was, "man thats $1000 sitting above ur tank"! LOL
The other guys like...."kool as hell, turn on the all blues"! When he did...his stuff was glowing like the 4th!
Needless to say they are a very nice LED fixture and for the size they pack a punch!

1guydude

correct! Wider spread the higher the number!
If uve ever used a protractor...its kinda like that!
Degrees and shiv....i have to do it everyday at work!

btwk12

i got 2 of them they were on back order but i just got an email saying they got in late today so they will be getting shipped tommorow. if 2 doesn't cover well i will be ordering 1 more

btwk12

i got them!!!!! i got them today but i didn't get home from work in time to see them on. i did get them all set up and i have my lunar cycle on, so maybe i'll get to see them tommorow and maybe get some pic's. but judging by the moon lights i don't think 2 is going to cover well but we'll see. i am planning on getting a third module any way but if it don't cover well i am going to have to get it sooner than later.